“I have been charged two times for one room which my husband and I shared.”

Motel 6 Lafayette - University Ave
Ranked #43 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Houston, Texas
“I have been charged two times for one room which my husband and I shared.”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My husband reserved a room for us at the America Best Value Inn in Lafayette, La. When we arrived at the hotel the front desk clerk told us that we would have to pay again. We had already paid Hotel.com $156.78 for a room for two nights. The desk clerk charged our debit card two more times. Now this hotel has charged $366.78 to our debit card which the room was only $48.00 each night. America Best Value Inn refunded us back one of the incorrect charges the desk clerk charged us. Since Hotel.com paid them the money they charged us for the room for two nights. America Best Value Inn in Lafayette, La owes us $105.72 which the desk clerk charged us incorrectly.

Room Tip: I will not stay at this Hotel again ever. I should not have to go through what I have been trough t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
raul t, Manager at Motel 6 Lafayette - University Ave, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Dear traveler,

We apologized for the double charge on your card. We did have a new desk clerk that simply made a mistake. Your second charge has been refunded and we have increased the training for all desk clerks. We hope you will give us another try if you are in our area again.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This is a great place to stay. It must be one of the best in ABVI chain. The rooms have been renovated and include flat screeen TV.s. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. The breakfast includes sausage, eggs and biscuits and gravy. The staff is friendly. If you pick up a hotel coupon book and use the coupon the rate is unbelievably low. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Use the coupon.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear traveler,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. We hope we can accommadate you on your next visit to Lafayette.

Management
Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The staff was pleasing and helpful. The room I stayed in which was 132 has very thin walls. When the air conditioner stops blowing (which I do not like), you could hear our neighbors TV, road noise and the people above us on the balcony at 12:30am. There is no security, but the desk did call the room above and ask them to please quiet down. Room was very spacious. The bed has just a sheet and those heavy bed spreads (needs a light blanket). Did not have the breakfast because there is a Cracker Barrel next door. They have a clean pool. I would suggest staying in the front of hotel and maybe towards the back for less road noise. Remember this is a ABVI not the Hilton.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night in the double bed interior room. The hotel was newly renovated and the rooms have a nice friendly feel to them! The lobby was very spacious and accomedated with 4 vending machines in the back and a breakfast area to the left of the entrance. The staff was very nice and helpful throughout our whole stay. The pool was very clean and fun for kids. At this hotel, you have an option of an exterior or an interior room. An exterior room is acessed by the outside with staircases. The interior rooms ar acessed through the hotel and the staircase. Unfortunately they dont have an elevator even though the hotel is 2 floors. The breakfast was awful, the food was cold and not fresh. Dont even waste your time eating there. There were many places around there to eat like IHOP or Waffle House. Overall it was a decent hotel to stay at!

Room Tip: If you dont like being outside, make sure you get an interior room!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Do not be fooled by the beautifully appointed lobby!!! I swear, this place is an over-priced, filthy pit. We stopped there on April 27, 2012 during a cross-country trip and paid over $100 for the room with two double beds. One of the reasons we stayed there was because it was given the best rating America's Best Value Inns gives their hotels, and if this is the best, I'd hate to see the worse! There was grungy mold all around the tub, the towels were frayed and torn, the carpet was so filthy I had to throw away the socks. Just as an example of what a dump this "Inn" is, there was not a real door jamb on the bathroom door, so they painted one on the wall! The smell was so over-powering....like amonia.

They advertised a "Full, Hot Breakfast" and it consisted of Scrambled eggs, bisquits, gravy, cereal and a toaster to make your own toast. Unfortunately there were no eggs that weren't brown and stuck to the dish, they were out of bisquits, and the coffee tasted like soapy water.

I sent an email to the HQ of America's Best Value Inns, and they sent me a form letter saying they don't "actually" own the hotels, gee, we're sorry you were unhappy and blah, blah, blah too bad for you.

Next time I'll drink a few power drinks and make it to another exit off I-10. This place is truly pathetic. As you know if you read any of my restaurant reviews, I take this stuff seriously and hate to rag on a place, but this hotel in Lafayette, LA. should be checked out by the Sanitation Police. It's REALLY bad and I would not stay at another American's Best Value Inn EVER.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Traveling through Louisiana , have stayed at many affordable hotels. After reading older reviews I was a little skeptical about staying. My stay was MORE THAN PLEASANT the room was in excellent condition, clean, and quiet for being near interstate. The staff was courteous and helpful about places in area,which you dont find often at that price. breakfast was good too. I would reccomend this to any traveler.

Room Tip: I prefer non smoking, indoor entrance
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Was very late when we arrived so my husband and I checked into the hotel, it seemed very nice from the lobby, so I told my husband it was ok, we are here for only 5 hours. We got our key went into the room and I'm thinking its okay. Hubby went to the bathroom and as he was washing his hands out come the roach, I'm thinking okay maybe it's just that one perhaps someone brought it in with them, then I opened the refrigerator and there was two more greeting me as if I had something to eat. Hubby was ticked off because first of all they tried to charge us $79 so I said what about the truckers rate, he said I'll give to you for $56, plus tax. I know I should have left the in rhe beginning, he was like we have an excellent breakfast, I'm thinking it probably has some roaches in it somewhere. Needless to say he gave us our money back because I took pictures with my cell phone to let him know that I was not lying about the roaches....

Room Tip: make sure you have the room checked for roaches
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business