“Over priced for a winter stay and offered no discounts.”

Hampton Inn Lafayette
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I thought the front desk staff was brusque and the hotel was over priced for the time of year. They offered no discounts. I could not find a comfortable sleep temperature and they could not find my Hilton Honors account.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Lafayette

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed there before and had a good experience, and I will stay there again. This was a business stay for me this time, but was a family stay last time. It is all good. Nice front desk personnel. Comfortable bed, pillows and bedding. Nice bath room. Everything was clean. Good breakfast. Easy in and easy out. There were security cameras with key card entrance. Located just off the interstate, with several eating options close buy. The bathrooms are nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Travelled there this weekend for a business trip and had a few minor issues that became major due to no response from management. 1st the young lady at check-in was obviously on her cell phone so she messed up my billing by not applying my credit card (that I put in her hand) to each of my rooms. We went out to dinner and returned to find one of the rooms had a broken heater. After 10 minutes of calling, I had to go down to the lobby and wait for her to return from wherever she was (with that cellphone again) to ask for a maintenance person to take a look at it. Instead, she readily gave us another room down the hall, which was great. We get back to our rooms to unpack and we found a dirty, used, nasty ash tray in the drawer, which was also filled with ashes. OK, not terrible but now its time to shower and the bathroom vent is literally caked with clumps of dust. Gross. But OK, we can deal, its just one night. The next morning, everybody we encountered was great but there was no manager on duty. I left my cellphone and email address and I have yet to be contacted. I just simply wanted to explain what happened and get an apology for the trouble and compliment how great the morning crew was, but here I am, on tripadvisor

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013

the hotel was having issues with humidity and my room did not smell fresh and clean like all of the others I have stayed in. I was too tired to ask for a change, but, they said at the front desk that they were having an issue.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Obviously an older facility that has not been upgraded. Facilities do not come close to what I would expect for a Hamption Inn. Questionable security as the side door by the ice machine would not close properly. Breakfast was also did not measure up the Hampton standards. If you come here don't expect to outshine the competition that I have seen in the past reservations at other Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I'll try not to echo other reviewers, but a few things are important for you to know. This place is hard to get into during rush hour--don't know why they didn't work something out with the Choice Hotel next door so that you can go past the Hampton entrance when it's blocked by traffic stopped at the light out front, turn into the Choice & double back. The parking lots are contiguous and only a line of concrete bumpers stop you from driving through. The hotel is old and tired, in serious need of a major renovation. I agree that service was friendly, but the reception experience really doesn't make up for a dowdy room. Last point--this place is right on the EB onramp for I-10. All night long, 18 wheelers were roaring up the ramp. NOISY! Unfortunately, you're probably going to find that with most or all the other hotels in Lafayette, all of which seem to be within a couple hundred yards of the Interstate. Maybe check for a nice B & B in town?

Room Tip: Fuggetabout it. I doubt very much there are any quiet rooms. If you must stay here, try for a room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We arrived at peak traffic time and the hotel was very difficult to get to from I 10. We have stayed in many Hampton Inns in many parts of the country. This room was small and a bit tired looking. There was a hole in the arm of the couch, some drink spilled on the nightstand, and something spilled on the vanity. The a/c was either too hot or too cold. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013