La Quinta Inn Lafayette North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Super 7 Inn(Lafayette)
View Hotel
All reviewswaffle housewafflescold cerealan older hotelhotel stayconvenient locationpleasant stayfloridamicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The first time I stayed here I was quite pleased with the value for my money. The room now was not clean enough for me and I have modest standards. The room was over-priced. What is going for the place is location and staff.

Toilet wabbled when sat upon, tub needs resurfacing and removal of those nasty sticky things. Hated to bathe the child in tub so tried to sterilize it first with hot water.

Room Tip: If you can get the room for under $50 take it but I will be trying another hotel nearby to see if I can find a better value (cost/benefit)
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2013

The good points: we purchased this room online at a fantastic price using Travelocity’s “Secret Hotel” feature ($38 a night before taxes!). The staff was friendly and the location near I-10 was easily accessible and perfect for our traveling purposes. The HD satellite television system was exceptional with a really ingenious screen saver that played ocean beach video and sound effects. We actually left the TV’s screen saver on at night and slept very peacefully listening to the roar of the virtual digital ocean. The room had a microwave oven and a mini-refrigerator. The free wireless internet connection worked very well.

----------

The not-so-good points: the bathroom was filthy by anyone’s definition. The sheets and towels were close to being almost threadbare in our opinion. We thought the entire room was in great need of dusting and general cleaning. The interior of the microwave oven was obviously dirty and splattered with someone’s previous meal.

The worst thing we found in our room was the bathtub’s shower mat: it was encrusted on top and bottom with a mix of soap scum, mold, and general nastiness. The shower mat was so filthy, it was honestly impossible to completely peel it away from the bathtub’s surface – please see the attached photo. There was a pile of debris (maybe dead insects?) accumulated in the floor corner near the bathtub. My wife was afraid to take a shower out of fear of possible fungal foot infection, or worse, and I did not blame her for skipping her nightly shower.

The nearest ice machine to our room was broke. The next nearest ice machine had an alarmingly unsanitary appearance.

(I am attaching photos of the bathroom, bathtub, and the ice machine.)

----------

Despite the few good points, we cannot tolerate filthy housekeeping and will not return. It was sad to see the once prestigious La Quinta high standard of quality sink to this level.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed at this La Quinta during our grand children's spring break and found it to be very reasonably priced, clean and considering how large of a hotel it is very quiet. The breakfast was good: waffles, cereals, juices, fruit, boiled eggs, muffins and bagels/toast. The staff was friendly and courteous - check in and check out was a breeze - everything we'd requested was correct.
Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: They have a lot of workers (construction type) who stay there and are very considerate as to putting them in one section of the hotel and guests in the other. We never heard any noise from anyone during our 2 night stay!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We picked the LaQuinta because it was on our route late night, and we'd gotten a rate for about $50 on the net. We arrived after midnight, and it was completely full! Crowded, crowded place. The rooms had been updated but not what I expected from LaQuinta... but it is an old motor in. We were actually pleasantly surprised by the beds. The mattresses had pillow-tops and the were very comfortable. The area is a little shady. I would definitely not stay here over 1 night on a stopover, and I will probably look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This place was average at best. The room was clean enough and seemed somewhat recently renovated/updated. However, the internet wouldn't connect, and when we went to ask the front desk woman to fix it, she told us the router was in a guest room, and she'd try to have the guest restart the router if they were in. What????? We went to eat at the Waffle House next door - the ONLY open restaurant at 8pm on a Wednesday night (on a strip of highway that had SEVEN hotels) and it was literally the worst experience we have ever had in any sort of "restaurant." DON'T GO TO THE WAFFLE HOUSE! If you have to, call and order for pick up. At least when we got back to our room the internet was working...

Room Tip: Seriously, stay away from the Waffle House! Get a room where you can see your car - it's a weird location.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple