“Great NIght's Sleep”

Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
San Antonio, Texas
“Great NIght's Sleep”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Even though we did not get the king room we had reserved we still had a very nice room. We slept well in a quiet safe area. The room was very clean and quiet. There was a nice small area convenient to our room to walk Bella the Beagle, too. The staff were very nice, polite and friendly. We will look forward to our next stay there.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back are very quiet!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mommybeagle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Greenville, Michigan
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I always say that the people make the difference. While the staff at the hotel were very nice, the accommodations lacked in many ways. We had a significant ant problem in the room and neighboring rooms were very noisy. I heard several alarm clocks go off in the morning, people banging about, showers and toilets and most disappointing of all were the drunks in the parking lot. In this case the people who made the difference were the clientele, and it was not a benefit to our stay. My apology to the staff because I feel that they tried, but this destination has a way's to go before I would return.

Elkmie

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I are on an 8 week trip across the country with our dog. We chose as many LQ's as possible because of their liberal dog policy. They do not charge extra and are truly pet friendly. This hotel is right on the highway as we find many of the LQ's are. The room was clean and it was quiet. The bright side bfast was adequate. It is an average hotel properly priced for an overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed here for a few days and let me say the room was very large. Nice and clean and the beds were comfortable. WiFi only worked part of the time in one spot in the room, which was weird considering it looked as if we had the wireless router in our room. Staff was very nice. Seems the hotel is in a "questionable" area as there were loud people walking through the property to the neighborhoods in the back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2013

First, let me say I'm a rewards member and have stayed at numerous LQ hotels throughout the US. I have *never* seen such a filthy property and complacent staff.

The pictures on line look nice but I wonder if they were when the hotel opened. Trash in the parking lot and the front doors were so dirty I did not want to touch the handles. Lobby smelled and front desk personnel dismissive. I has driven 15 hours and thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

Pulled around to rooms to find HOOKERS patrolling the parking lot, a grill surrounded by drunks, doors open with menacing types (pants below their butts) watching people. Stair wells smell like urine and stairs have who knows what on them.

I went to front desk to turn tell them I was checking out and not to charge my card. I told the woman on duty about the hookers and she just smirked and shouted "I'm not charging your card!)

I went to Baton Rouge and stayed at a lovely Best Western. Goodbye LQ, I don't stay in crack houses.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Desert_denizen901
Canyon
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I selected this motel from one of those coupon booklets. They honored the coupon price unlike one of the hotels across the street. The desk girl was very helpful and looked up my LaQuinta rewards number so I could get credit for the stay. The room was clean with the exception of the toilet which had some sort of black mold in it. The motel is set up in a square with landscaping and the pool in the middle. We used a stairway that was in the corner of the buildings and it was filthy and smelled of urine. The breakfast had a nice offering but everything was dirty, the counter tops, the cabinets and the floor. I reported these problems as I checked out so hopefully this issues have been resolved.
The price was very good but I was glad we only needed one night.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

We were passing through on our ride to Texas and stopped here for the night. Front desk was helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. We felt save leaving the bikes out that night. Found a great place to eat just up the road. Good breakfast selection the next morning.

• Stayed May 2013