“Great staff and good experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn Lafayette North

La Quinta Inn Lafayette North
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great staff and good experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We are packing up to check out now. I read the reviews of others before we arrived and I had concerns but any doubts dissolved almost immediately. Clean room, comfy beds, nice guests, and most importantly - an incredibly caring staff. The housekeeping staff goes "above and beyond" in maintaining cleanliness of the rooms and treating guests like family. A special shout out to Alton, the maintenance man. He scoots around this property like a dervish, always smiling and helpful. While having my last cup of coffee before checking out, I watched him come across the parking lot to help a disabled guest load his bags and oxygen equipment. That isn't part of his job. It is, instead, a big part of who he is. Major, major kudos to Alton. We are a traveling work crew and are headed to LaQuinta in Baton Rouge. I hope we find the same level of dedication at that location. Blessings...

Room Tip: We had a "family room" consisting of two rooms with one bed in a smaller room and two beds...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Linda S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New Braunfels, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

We are moving from MS to TX. I had booked this hotel ahead of time a little concerned after reading reviews that prostitutes were obvious in the parking lot. We have a dog and I wanted to find a hotel that accepted pets at decent rates (LQ is always free) so I booked it. Upon arriving, the staff was awesome. Very friendly and when I asked about delivery options, gave me a Chinese food menu and a book that the area has for delivery options. There are MANY that are not pizza or chinese!

We stayed in one of the few suites they have. I have no complaints about the room itself. It's big enough that it could be a studio apt. King bed, desk with 2 chairs, pull-out sofa, closet area, large bathroom, nice fridge that actually works and microwave. The air is great. It kept up with the summer heat to the point we actually had to turn it down (in most hotels this price, you are usually stuck in a room where the air sucks to say it bluntly.

There is a security guard who walks the property non-stop. I went outside frequently and never failed to see him walking around. This doesn't seem to be an unsafe property at ALL.......this is MY opinion......but I am assuming he is keeping check on vehicles and keeping the hookers away. I saw NO hookers as I had read in previous reviews. Maybe this has been added and why!

There are great and convenient places to walk dogs and the overall feel of the place is family friendly and I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

My only downfalls:
1. I am an immediate bed checker. There are a couple stains on the white duvet. It does look washed but stains are never good in my head! They should just get rid of bed coverings with stains in my opinion.
2. No liner in the ice bucket.
3. Had to go all over the hotel to find an ice maker that worked. When I finally found one, it had bugs flying out of it when I turned it on and the ice is DIRTY. I had taken a plastic bag we had with us to get ice b/c our drinks were hot. The ice was FULL of black specks. If you want ice for drinks, I would buy a bag of ice somewhere!

Overall tho, good hotel, security, clean rooms in general.

Room Tip: Our suite was on a corner. Very quiet tonight.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel is just okay. Rooms standard, but non-carpeted floor was sticky. Everything did work. Double beds were reasonably comfy with three good pillows each.

Pool was clear, but filter likely somewhat clogged as there was low water pressure from the jets. This means floating insects did not get sucked out quickly. Needs new plaster but this is to beautify not make safer. No big chlorine smell, so it may have been too low.

Breakfast was hot waffles, hot and cold cereals, fruit, bagels, muffins, and boiled eggs, along with the usual breakfast beverages.

We would select another hotel next time.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

West Monroe, Louisiana, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

My husband and I have used this motel for one- night stays over the past year. Rooms have always been good, beds are very comfortable and Internet service available without entering codes. I've read other reviews referring to trash, hookers and undesirable folks hanging out but we have not experienced any of that. The last stay I submitted a short list of items that I felt needed attention and was given a significant discount upon check-out. We will be using this facility again.

• Stayed June 2013
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Even though we did not get the king room we had reserved we still had a very nice room. We slept well in a quiet safe area. The room was very clean and quiet. There was a nice small area convenient to our room to walk Bella the Beagle, too. The staff were very nice, polite and friendly. We will look forward to our next stay there.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back are very quiet!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family