“Treated us like their best friends”

The Garden Plaza Hotel
Ranked #39 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 27 April 2010

In the past year, I've spent well over 30 nights in hotels. I've been in Hiltons, Sheratons, Wyndhams, Starwoods, Radissons, Drurys, and Marriotts (and a few others). I have NEVER been treated as well as this past weekend when this property hosted my Rotary District's annual conference.

Every pre-event meeting to arrange details went smoothly. Staff was always prepared for each meeting with all information we might need to assure success. They prompted us for things we might have overlooked.

If we asked for a meal, they provided a banquet. We requested a room where we could socialize and they provided their Presidential Suite. We asked for help when rain threatened our largest event, scheduled for outdoors, and they instantly cleared their banquet rooms for us.

People from our own town who had not been to the property were awestruck by what was available locally, and which they thought they had to go to your competition to get. People from out of town were commenting about how well-suited the facilities were to our needs, and on the staff's willingness to go that extra mile to assure our comfort.

Other hotel groups have mottos and slogans. When I travel for business or Rotary work, I need more than someone to "leave the light on for me". In my room this weekend was a small card which read, "Good Isn't Good Enough". This property has inculcated that into each and every person working for them. Everyone smiled. Everyone greeted us warmly. Everyone asked if everything was going as we desired. Everyone asked what they could do to help. I am NOT just talking about Ed, the Property Manager, or Sarah, the Convention Sales Manager, or Carla, the Convention Services Manager, or even Shawn, the Banquets Manager, I mean EVERYONE from the reception staff to the housekeepers, to the waitstaff and busboys.

Our conference will be in the same city again in two years and you can be sure that I will do everything in my power to locate it on the same site, as well as every intervening event we can hold in Lafayette.

I live only about a mile from this property and stayed here out of choice, not necessity. I am so proud to have a facility of this quality and staff of this integrity in my backyard. I'm sure many other properties could take lessons from this crew.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 March 2010

This was a great hotel and had everything you could possibly need (at least for a short-medium stay) on location. Rooms were nice, quiet, and comfy. The staff was excellent, even the maid service. The indoor pool/whirlpool/sauna was a wonderful treat for an otherwise cold and icy visit. The game room was nice, even though it's for kids I had a blast. The restaurant was top notch with some great food, but I did not like that they did not offer complimentary breakfast. The bar is nice, but doesn't stay open long enough. This place was booked with different conventions every night, but they seemed to keep the regular guests away from the noise, which was great. Overall it was a unique experience that I don't often see, but the pool could crowd up pretty quickly. They need a second one - they have two playgrounds, so why not two pools?

Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2010

my name is james and i would like to take this time out to thank the staff at my home away from emily, robert, lauren, varlie for making my stay so relaxing that it feels like i'm in my own home always willing to go the extra mile to make sure i very ok alway done with a smile and keeping check on me everytime i'm a guest here at the holiday inn words can't speak loud enough for them n what they do i hope the company keep them there alway cant beat them thanks guys...................................................james from houston tx

Reviewed 18 February 2010

Our organization, NACS Zone D, sponsored a meeting of 100+ employees of USDA from February 10 - 14, 2010. Persons attending this meeting traveled from the Southeast United States and from comments, had a wonderful time. Several commented that this Zone meeting was the best ever!!

The major reason for the above comments were due to the Holiday Inn Lafayette, US 167 and the Holiday Inn's staff, Ed, Sarah, Carla, and other support staff. Their favorite statement was, "yes we can do this"." There were no holds barred. The hotel made our visit and stay as comfortable and stress free as possible. The meals were delicious, not hotel meals, but specialized meals with flavor, of which everyone truly enjoyed. Our orginization could not have pulled this off without the Hotel and Staff's expertise, assistance and understanding and we truly appreciate their support and patience with us. (Our organization was not experienced in promoting a meeting of this magnitude and with assistance from the Hotel all activities, meetings, food (esp the food and banquet staff), went without any problems. The Hotel asked for meetings that resulted in plans being to the last detail so the meeting would proceed in a timely manner.)

Reviewed 18 February 2010

This hotel and their staff go out of their way to make your time with them comfortable, relaxing and perfect! The longer you stay the more you are like family... Every employee greets you with a smile and hello! Rooms are nice and the meeting space was excellent for our meeting. Everyone associated with our meeting worked their hardest to ensure we had everything we needed. Pure joy to be in such a wonderful environment!

Reviewed 11 February 2010

We were quite lucky to encounter Lauren T. at the front desk. The hotel was crowded and near to being filled so the rates were on the high side for us. Through skillful questioning, Lauren was able to find a better rate we qualified for... Lauren was marvelous.
--Robert G.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2010

The suites at this hotel are HUGE, even bigger than Embassy Suites. The bedroom had a king bed and a sofabed, plus an additional sofabed in the Living Room.
The hotel was quiet, spacious, and had everything you needed: restaurant, lounge, laundry, indoor pool, and hot tub.
Breakfast buffet was tasty and reasonably priced. Priority Club members receive one free breakfast and some bottled water.
My only complaint was that while the suites had both doors to the outside and the lobby, the keys only worked on the inside doors. You had to go inside and walk through your room to unlock the back door to unload your car.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family