“Great hotel for an overnight on I-10”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette I-10
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Great location right off I-10. This property is well maintained and the staff was very friendly.
"Free" breakfast is what is expected for a 2.5 star hotel. We booked two rooms via Priceline and the staff was able to accommodate our request for two double beds (not a typical concession when booking via discount web sites)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Our family wanted a weekend getaway to see some local sites and eat great food. If our stay was so ley based on customer service alone this would be a better review, however being awakened in the middle of the night by a cocktail crawling on my face is not exactly my idea of a comfortable stay. The rooms were up to date but were not clean, we had to switch rooms because of the smell and did I mention a giant cockroach! We frequent Marriot Hotels however this by far was our worse stay ever. We were given points for our troubles. However convenience and customer service is not enough for us to come back.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank TheShortFam
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had a special event going on outside of Lafayette so our entire family stayed here for two nights. The location and service was nice so I would highly recommend it. You can't beat the free breakfasts too =)

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at this property on Aug 5 2013. Check in was great. Meagan was at the front desk, and she was pleasant and accommodating. My room was decent with a microwave and a fridge. My dinner selection was limited, largely due to me not having a car. I think a Shoney's was across the highway. Breakfast at the hotel was just fine, decent selection, very nice lady named Mary was the attendant. Checkout was equally great, Kayla was polite and courteous. This property is very close to I-10 and a couple of gas stations. Very convenient for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank WorldwideTee
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Sometimes, you have to judge something by the company it keeps. In this case, the room seemed clean enough -- save for the stone-cold dead lizard by my door -- but the clientele made me cringe.

There were a few, um, women wearing high heels and really, really short shorts around the property. When I went into my room, one came out of the room across the hall, following her out, but only to stand in the doorway, was a sweaty old man in his undershirt and boxers. Great visual. I don't suppose that was his daughter.

If you check reviews of other properties in this area, it's clear there is a problem with a certain type of pay activity going on. The room itself was OK, but everything else was enough for me to avoid this in the future.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank EarlofRoovel
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My son lost most of his clothes and my husband lost his tablet and headphones. Somebody enters in our room and stole our property while we were out. We were very happy until this. The hotel manager discovered that someone opens our room using another key(#10), they calls the police and that's it. We received our bill as nothing happens and we received an email saying thanks for choosing Fairfield Marriott at I 10 Lafayette Louisiana. We Supposed that the police is tacking care of the investigation thank you. This is very disappointed.

Room Tip: no more commets
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Maritza V
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Having a decent complimentary breakfast is always a plus on the wallet, and the Fairfield Inn definitely has one to fill you up. The room is decent, providing a cozy living area and a separate bedroom. All the necessary amenities for someone who might do work in the room is there; a desk, good lighting and a space to place all your paperwork or electronic devices. A coffee maker, a small fridde and a microwave (which I used) is also available. As for sleep, the ventilation was louder than usual and can keep you awake throughout the night.

The work-out facility has a treadmill but the all-in-one weight machine was broken. There is also a pool which is always a plus when one prefers to swim instead of run outside, and this is not an area where one would run outside.

The location is not lucrative whatsoever, especially for someone who did not have a mode of transportation except for the client picking and dropping you back to the hotel. That being said, have a car if you go to this location. Lafayette is accessible enough to get around, everything is within 10 minutes of a drive but the area is NOT pedestrian friendly, unlike the Convention Center.

The staff was altogether friendly and cordial.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business