“Great Overnight Stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette I-10
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 5 August 2014

First impressions were positive. Friendly service, clean, and comfortable. Located close to the freeway and surrounding restaurants. The front desk clerk recommended us to the famous Prejean's restaurant for dinner. And, we were well pleased with the experience. The wireless internet was strong all throughout the hotel. The pool was clean and the free breakfast was adequate. When traveling through Lafayette, we will no doubt stay at this little hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GBDILL

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Headed Eastbound on I 10 on a late night headed to FL we were in search of an overnight stay. As I searched for nearby Marriott Hotels that allowed pets I noticed that this Fairfield Inn welcomed pets but the reviews I read were awful. I gave them a shot anyway not expecting much.. but my husband and I were pleased! The reviews I read made this particular Fairfield Inn seem average, but they welcome pets!! It only makes sense that they aren't covered in carpets made of gold! They keep it simple and we enjoyed a good night's sleep with our Sassy Bama in the room. The minute we checked in the Costumer Service Rep. Offered her Doggy Treats :)

Thanks You Fairfield Inn we are happy loyal Marriott Members!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This property has humidity and ventilation issues, and the common areas are rather worn. Maybe that's why the price was good. They place noisy dehumidifiers in rooms (at least mine had one) and halls, because the wall A/C units aren't up to the task. The hallways are hot. I had trouble sleeping the 2nd night due in part to the musty odor. At first it reminded me of the sort of dank motel odors from the 70s I remembered from my youth, but that trip down memory lane got old. The beds are OK, and the shower was good. I had to fiddle with the crooked bathroom door to get it to latch. The security of the place seems adequate, and they allow pets. It was pretty quiet also (if you didn't run the dehumidifier). Maybe the place needs to be refurbished, or maybe they used the wrong building design for Louisiana, but I'd look at other choices. There's a new motel of some sort being constructed nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for one that doesn't need the dehumidifier.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is your standard Marriott Fairfield Inn. Nice service and accommodations. The location is a bit hectic, especially getting in and out and back to the interstate. Also, Lafayette has the craziest folk I have ever seen. Watch out for people just walking along and in the highway. We barely missed hitting a few. The morning we were gassing up the car we watched a couple of insane looking guys, shirts off, tatooes everywhere, walking their chain-leashed pit bull along the highway. Hey, it is Cajun, southern Louisiana, I guess.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our basketball team’s hotel stay was totally AWESOME! Our team stayed here after a long day of games. Not only was the location perfect for visiting this great city, but it also provided us a free breakfast as well. The rooms were impeccably clean, spacious, and comfortable. The staff was friendly, very helpful, and accommodating to our team's needs. This hotel definitely exceeded our expectations!! We will certainly book our accommodations here in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way to Destin. The staff was really friendly but the rooms were old and dank. I felt like I needed to wear my shoes everywhere. Pillows were basically throw pillows with pillowcases. Bathroom felt sticky and we had the loudest door I have ever heard. Was surprised this was a Marriott property.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Denise C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette I-10, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

I am very sorry to hear of your experience while staying with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites - Lafayette. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

Please feel free to contact me at 337-235-9898.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The rooms are very small and hotel is noisy. There is a tremendous amount of road noise from NW Evangeline Thruway late into the night. The breakfast was up to FI standards. When you exit the hotel and want to get back onto I-10 it can be a real hassle at certain times of the day. The Evangeline Thruway is a very busy road and it's difficult to get back to I-10. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple