Extended Stay America - Lafayette - Airport
Ranked #38 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 30 January 2008

Within 10 minutes of checking into my room, all my luggage was stolen from the room!!! I had gone across the hall to a friend's room and when I returned, everything was gone. I was literally left with the clothes on my back.

The manager was very nice at the time and filed a report with their insurance company. Four weeks later, the insurance company contacted me (after 4 unreturned phone calls to them) saying they found no negligence on the part of the motel, so will cover nothing.

I have since emailed the manager, who at the time assured me that if the corporate insurance company did not cover my loss, the motel would. The manager has not responded to my email.

This motel has no security doors, no video cameras in several of the entrances and has strange people lurking in the hallways, pretending they are employees. When I made the police report, the officer told me they had other reports of robberies at the same motel.

Don't stay here!!!

Stayed: December 2007
2  Thank JesNY

Reviewed 24 July 2006

Room was comfortable but smelled sour from AC draining into the room. Lounge chair was damaged. There was no service on the room all week except when I couldn't stand the smell anymore and someone vacuumed the water from the carpet and covered the room in spray freshener. I've stayed in other locations but this one didn't think changing towels every 6 days or linens or ANY service whatsoever was necessary.

Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank TEllis
Reviewed 16 July 2006

We made reservations for a two room suite in January 2006 for arrival date of April 2006. When we got to our room, we noticed it was rather small and definitely not a two room suite. I went to the front desk and the manager told me the hotel did not have any 2 room suites. When I produced my confirmation that clearly showed I had booked a 2 room suite, the manager told me that, unfortunately, they had no 2 room suites available and agreed to change the price. The next day, after being out all day, we returned to our room at 4:00 pm and noticed that our bed was not made and we did not have any clean towels. I returned to the front desk and was told that unless people stay for an extended period of time, the hotel does not provide housekeeping service, or housekeeping can be provided for an extra $10. a day, but if I inisisted on clean towels, I needed to bring my wet towels in exchange for clean ones!!!! Clearly, this inormation is not listed on their website. My husband and I found another room at the Marriott and informed the manager that we would be checking out and did not intend to pay for that day. The manager told my husband and I that our credit card had already been billed fn advance for the entire four days of our stay and a refund was not possible. It took calling their customer service number and lodging a complaint for the manager to acquiece to crediting our account. Our room at the Marriott ended up being only $10 more per nite and included towels, breakfast and a pool.

1  Thank cajunandmex
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 June 2006

We paid $42 through Priceline. They (Priceline) only gave us one bed though. The room was pretty big and clean. The people at the front desk were very nice. We couldn't find any fastfood places nearby. The hotel is near an airport ant train tracks, so you will hear planes and trains going by.

• Stayed: June 2006
Reviewed 10 September 2005

my fiancee and me stayed there a week in september, right before the Hurricane Katrina. Our room was supposed to be non smoking, but the second day we found under the bed a burnt spoon with some kind opf drug on, surrounded by a lot of cigarretes!
we went to the reception and asked to talk to the manager, who was called by the receptionist. she apologized and offered us 3 days for free in our next booking for the next week, as we told her our intention of staying there longer. We accepted and decided not to make a big deal, but when some days later , the day the hurricane appeared on the news, we asked the receptionist ( another one) if everything was still ok about our reservation for the next week, she said she did not know about any deal with the manager or anything that may had happened with us! we asked to talk to the manager again and she refused to do it, telling us we could do it the next day at 7 in the morning and, "letting us know" that no matter what, we were checking out the next day. She was rude and not profesional at all, as she refused all the time to permitt us talk to anyone else. Next day, 7 am in the morning, we went downstairs again and could finally talk to the manager, who told us that she would give us our 3 days for free, but off our bill, that she did not assure us to stay longer, and that we were supposed to have told that to the receptionist (who had been in front all the time and obviously could not hear!).
So the day of the hurricane, with the city fully booked by the people from New orleans, we had no place to stay.
We finally could stay with some friends, but next time, I will make sure I take pictures of what I find before giving to the receptionist to be able to make a police report not to be treated like this!.
I am sure the made a lot of money re selling our room to the poor people evacued from New Orleans!

• Stayed: September 2005