“Dont get out of your car.”

Extended Stay America - Lafayette - Airport
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Dont get out of your car.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

I had reservations that my company made for me at this hotel. First bad sign, the place was dingy and dirty looking from the outside. Some people arriving did not look the like the most "business" oriented I have seen. Went inside and the "lobby" was small dark and not inviting. The two chairs there were occupied, which was fine, except that the being able to see someone's genitals was not my idea for a good time. The fact that my reservation was not correct paled compared to that. Needless to say, I left after this and was NOT going back....reservation or not. Find someplace else, it isnt worth the "deal" you get here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank mml1958
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lafayette - Airport, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that issues from other guests do not interfere with this experience. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may not be satisfied from these types of disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during the time you were with us.

As well, we strive to provide friendly customer service resulting in 100% guest satisfaction. To hear that we were unable to help you upon check-in, is disheartening. As this hotel's General Manager, I plan to speak with my staff about our companies standards for professionalism in the workplace and work to improve so a situation like yours does not happen again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

First off i would like to say,Stay away from this place,if you do not like bite marks on you,i have had an bad experience,woke up 3 nights with bites on me,Was told there was no signs of Bed Bugs,was told it might of been a roach or spider,spiders do not conintue to bite you in same spotes over and over again,roaches im not even gonna go there,but yes i had a total of 31 bites,on my arms,ankles,and forehead. so disgusted with this place,carpet stains,bathroom smells like smoke. Found a bed bug in the kitchen hiding in a corner and was told they didnt know what it was. Nice workers but need more train people their,that take their jobs serious. Checked out and no one came to check on the room after i found the bug. now i have marks on me for life!!!! RM 225 Becareful for those that do go.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank teetheavonlady
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lafayette - Airport, responded to this review, 21 September 2012

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the issues you experienced while staying with us. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring and when it does occur, to take care of the situation with the utmost care and professionalism. It is company policy to offer a change of room to guests who have had your experience, which we did. I am sorry that you continued to find issues with your room, even after this point, and am working to resolve the situation to ensure this does not affect guests during future stays.

Please know that what you have described is not a normal occurence for us. Regardless, because of your feedback we are redoubling our efforts and would love to have you stay with us again to show you them. It would be a pleasure to have you visit once more.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

My boyfriend and I checked into the Extended Stay America for a little get away from home. We booked the hotel through Hotwire and was delighted with the deal that we received from the website. The room was clean and it was awesome to have a full service kitchen in our room with a comfortable bed and a nice sized shower. Some of the furniture in the room was outdated, but for the price that we paid, it was not a problem at all. During the evening, when we were trying to watch some TV and relax, the satellite for the TV kept loosing its signal. It was so constant and annoying; we finally gave up and tried to sleep. There were tons of noises in the hall that kept us awake that night. I don’t know if it was loud guests or something crazy going on, but there was just a lot of bumping around and bumping noises on our door. The next morning, at 9 am, housekeeping knocked on the door. That first knock wasn’t a problem, but when my boyfriend was in the shower at 10:30 that morning, someone from housekeeping opened the door to the room and strolled in. I was dressed and bringing our bags to the car, but I am sure it was uncomfortable for him to have someone other than me waltzing into the room when he is getting dressed. That’s not all, a few minutes later, there was another quick knock, then opening of the door to see if we checked out yet. This was all before 11:00 am! When we asked the front desk about it, they confirmed that checkout was 11:00 am and apologized, but I just felt an infringement on my privacy by the worker who just kept walking into the room while we were getting dressed. I enjoyed the room that we got for the price that was paid. (except for the tv) If we plan on staying somewhere for an extended time frame, this would be a great hotel…the only thing that ruined it for me was the constant harassment the day of checkout and lack of apology by the people who did it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

i used priceline's name your own price and ended with a reservation at this dive. when i called to asked for a 1st floor room due to disabilities and to tell them of my late arrival, i was told that i needed to take that up with priceline. that was red flag #1.

when we got there well after midnight, there was no front desk personnel, just a laundry attendant. The front desk people had put my party in a 3rd floor room as far from the elevator as you could get. when i complained and said there was no way this room was acceptable the laundry attendant said there was nothing they could do about it. as a former hotel manager, i knew that wasn't true. I complained and demanded a manager until they realized i wasn't going to take the room and found one on the first floor near an exit.

Upon entering the room, the smell was musty and the carpets were stain every shade of vile you could imagine. The air conditioner wouldn't turn on unless you set it to 60 and even then we were sweating. There was 1 pillow on the bed for 2 people and none available at the front desk. There was one bar of soap and no shampoo or conditioner.

The stove was dirty and I would never have eaten off the dishes in the room. Thankfully we didn't need to use the dishes in the room.

And finally, the front desk started calling to remind us of their 11am checkout at 8 am.

Stay here at your own risk.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank xing5683
Orlando Fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2009

Having stayed in several hotels in the area over the last year I was pleasantly surprised to find the Extended Stay America hotel to be clean, affordable and the staff very helpful. Even using a 3rd party website to book the hotel room, the staff was helpful in changing the room to fit what I needed.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank ferlin1998
Southwest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2009

We booked this hotel through priceline.com for $30 a night - it was close to the Highway and had a big bathroom and large, clean main room. We were happy with the internet service, and the kitchen unit with microwave and two burners was adequate. There was a full-size fridge too that was very quiet at night, which we appreciated.

There were very few staff available for anything, which wasn't a problem for us as we didn't need any real assistance during our stay - but if we had needed help, it might have been a problem as the place felt a little deserted. Everyone we did encounter was helpful and friendly.

A number of reviewers here pointed out that there was no daily room service. The Extended Stay America's website CLEARLY states their policy in regards to changing towels, cleaning floors and making beds, and providing things like toilet paper, which they do much less frequently than normal motels and often only at a customer's request. It helps if you read about your hotel before you stay there. We were well aware of the hotel's policy and knew that we wouldn't get daily room service, which I think is wasteful and pointless anyway.

• Liked — Spacious, close to main roads
  • Disliked — Not near any real restaurants
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2008

Within 10 minutes of checking into my room, all my luggage was stolen from the room!!! I had gone across the hall to a friend's room and when I returned, everything was gone. I was literally left with the clothes on my back.

The manager was very nice at the time and filed a report with their insurance company. Four weeks later, the insurance company contacted me (after 4 unreturned phone calls to them) saying they found no negligence on the part of the motel, so will cover nothing.

I have since emailed the manager, who at the time assured me that if the corporate insurance company did not cover my loss, the motel would. The manager has not responded to my email.

This motel has no security doors, no video cameras in several of the entrances and has strange people lurking in the hallways, pretending they are employees. When I made the police report, the officer told me they had other reports of robberies at the same motel.

Don't stay here!!!