“Ok, but wouldn't be my first choice”

Courtyard Lafayette Airport
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Solomons, Maryland
“Ok, but wouldn't be my first choice”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Breakfast was good, and we got the Breakfast included rate for only $5/per night more. (There are 2 of us) The waitress didn't even acknowledge us once. We got our own silverware, etc. She was too busy flirting with the male waiter there. The room was nice, pillows were super comfy!!! The tubs are small and could used a good scrubbing along with the tub fixtures. The pool was cold and the hot tub was colder! We were told Monday that it was being fixed...5 days later, still broke. A hot tub was one of the "must-haves" when I was choosing a hotel, so the fact that it didn't work really made this hotel "just a place to lay my head at night - nothing special. Not worth the $154.99 a night!" The location isnt that great either...its not that far of a drive from all the action, but not close enough to just get out and walk to. Its not the worst hotel Ive ever been too, but my next trip to Lafayette won't include this hotel and when my coworkers travel here, I will NOT be recommending it. Not at all what I expected from a Marriott :/

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Friendly staff at the front desk, comfortable beds and pillows, clean rooms, the room was already cool upon arrival (yea!), but the second floor hallway was very hot. No problems during our stay. Lafayette is a nice little town.

• Stayed June 2011
Hamilton, Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2011

The hotel is not close to the main strip in Lafayette and does not have good cellphone reception...who doesn't get a good reception with Verizon?? Anyway the staff was nice enough, but the hotel is worn down and located in a shady section of town. When I checked my room and pulled back the covers to check the bed, the mattress was torn and had black stains all over it. I checked out immediately. I will never go back to this hotel again...gross.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank 2fortheroad26
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I stay at Marriott frequently for points and come across varying qualities of hotels. This is definately old and not renovated. I would forgo points and stay at any of the many other newer hotels in town.

• Stayed May 2011
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed 21 February 2011

On February 12, 2011, my wife and I took our two (2) kids, 9 and 12, to see Brad Paisley at the Cajundome in Lafayette. I try and stay at a Marriott family hotel due to my Marriott membership. We selected this Courtyard.
The hotel is located near the airport and in a business district with very nice office buildings around. There are no cafe's, coffee shops, etc., to walk to near the hotel, but that was fine with us. The lobby was very clean and had fresh coffee at all times. They also had water flavored with different fresh fruits, as well. When we arrived, they had water with strawberries.
The room was very clean and well kept. We had 2 queen beds that were very comfortable. We paid the rate that included the breaksfast since it was a full hot breakfast, not just continental. This is my only complain - the breakfast was not very good. The sausage patties were overdone and hard. The waffle maker was broken, and there were no other hot items to choose from, except for the scrambled eggs.
The hotel had a nice indoor pool which I know fellow TA member, JollyMon, would appreciate. There was also a hot tub for you newlyweds.
Check-in and check-out was easy, and I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
sfinnell, Admin at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 23 March 2011
Dear Taylor6String: Thanks for posting a review of our property! I didn't get a chance to see Brad Paisley, but my friends did and they said it was a great concert. They said he's a great performer. I'll be sure to tell our cleaning team that they did a good job of keeping the room fresh and clean for you. We appreciate your feedback on the breakfast food. We are reviewing the cooking time etc. of our items in response to your review. We hope to see you the next time you're in town!
Paula Weaver
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 January 2011

As far as Courtyard's go, this one has not been renovated yet to include the Bistro, but its still very nice. Easy to get to, easy to park at, and located fairly centrally, it is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. I have had 2 different stays there this month and both times, the hotel was full and yet, the staff were very friendly and the rooms were spotless! I didn't use the pool and hot tub, but they were in constant use by other guests. The breakfast/lounge area was welcoming and the breakfast staff were super-nice! The breakfast buffet is more than adequate and they were very accommodating when I would eat and run in 5 minutes on the way to work. All in all, I plan to return for my future work assignments!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
sfinnell, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 26 January 2011
GM Response:
Thanks so much for your nice review & for noticing that our Associates take pride in serving our guests. I will be sure to share your comment about your spotless room with our cleaning staff..they take a lot of pride in their rooms. We look forward to seeing you again on your future work assignments!

Ken Ritter
Wimberley
Reviewed 6 December 2010

We enjoyed our one-night stay, although it was a little far off I-10 to be convenient for us. Internet connection worked very well and the beds were comfortable. The mini-fridge and micro were nice to have. My only complaint was that water in the bath/shower wasn't quite hot enough. Overall, a good experience and I would recommend this hotel as a nice place to stay.

• Stayed December 2010
dheinlein, Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 15 December 2010
Thank you for your review and recommendation KatyKeene! We appreciate your comments and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay overall.

Happy holidays,