“Clean and New”

Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Clean and New”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I had a week long Training session at this tucked away modern delight. On entering there is warm and friendly staff and a giant tuch screen screen display with, sports results, stocks, weather and hotel info. Your are able to search as you need for info you need all on one main desktop.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Andrebkgreene,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We're glad to have had you stay as our guest, and pleased you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you enjoyed our staff and felt they were warm and friendly. If your training brings you back to our area, we truly hope you'll stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Stayed here during a trip to Lafayette, LA this week. I choose this place based off the area I wanted to be and second because I am more of a fan of any of the Marriott chains. I like the renovations to all the chains. I looked to stay at the Fairfield that was right down the street but they were full. However not sure of what was in store having to go to the Courtyard I had confidence knowing that it was a Marriott. I was close to the Outback were I prefer to eat in that town and located near everything and everywhere else I needed to go. When getting to the lobby I noticed that this hotel has been renovated recently and felt comfortable. The staff was professional and very nice. With no resevervation the were able to accommodate me without any problem.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank McGoogan
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
McGoogan,

Thank you for taking a moment and writing about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind review of our hotel as well as your compliments about our friendly staff. I’m pleased you like the renovations to our hotel and felt comfortable here. We invite you to come and stay with us again the next time you’re in Lafayette for business or pleasure.

Best regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I had checked the star-rating for this Marriott, and it received 5-stars, so I thought it was safe to book a room. First, my reservation could not be found. Fortunately, I had my confirmation number. Second, I was put in a room on the third floor, opened the door, and it was very warm in the room. No problem, I put the AC on high cool and at the coolest setting. Something must be wrong with the HVAC because the room temperature never changed. One other guest told me the same thing. Third, there is a Bistro for room service. I ordered and 45 minutes later, no food. Perhaps I was a bit cranky because I hadn't eaten all day, but I did not think the time was reasonable to get a burger. I went to the Front Desk and asked if there was a problem. I was told that guests have to pick up their room service order; I was never told that. While the burger was being put in a bag, I suggested to the staff member that guests should be told that they needed to pick up "room service". She instructed me that it was noted on the tri-fold menu; I checked when I returned to my room, and it wasn't noted. Naturally, by the time I got the burger it was lukewarm and less than palatable. By far, as a Marriott Rewards frequent traveler, this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. No 5-stars for me!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear DK B: Thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not live up to the service our guests can expect from a Courtyard by Marriott. I can understand how frustrating the room service issue must have been. I'm sending you a personal message in order to personally speak with you about your stay. It's important to myself and my staff to learn from our guests and make process improvements.

Dee Thibodaux
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

Service not that great. Room was warm in day a/c was to small for room accordly to MM. Under construction. Hotels should tell you they are under construction when you book. Not a real good stay at a Court Yard for me. Hope you have better service if you stay there.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank RE G
RE G,
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the current renovations during your stay. I truly regret that we fell short of meeting the high standards we strive to achieve. Positive and negative feedback keeps us accountable and working to be the best and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I hope this experience does not deter you from staying with Courtyard in the future.

Best regards,
Jacksonville
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The room was dirty. Hair (not mine) was on the bathroom floor, soap residue (quite a bit) was on the tub (no soap dish in the tub area), the toilet lever needed to be held for at least 5 seconds in order to flush, the mirror had spots, and the air conditioner vibrated and rattled when it kicked in to cool. The morning staff were not very friendly and were concerned with their 'other' duties than addressing my concerns. I also felt that the property was not maintained and isn't in as good of condition as other Marriott properties that I've stayed at across the country.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank David R
David R,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on our hotel, I regret that you did not have a good experience with us and sincerely apologize for all of the above. Our housekeeping team is also receiving a refresher on our high Marriott standards and will be held accountable to them by me personally.

All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences and again, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share yours.

Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This property needs a makeover, and don't pay the extra for breakfast. Dirty tables, and crappy microwaved airplane food.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
kkoike,
Please accept my apologies for your stay as you were clearly unhappy. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and I will be sure to address them soon. I wish you all the best in your future travels.
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Hallways smelled, carpet was dirty and worn, hallways were hot and steamy, room smelled, A/C unit didn't keep cool, I even turned it down to 70 and still had to sleep without the blanket.
restaurant service was poor - they knew the hotel was booked (even if it occurred that night) and never made plans for the breakfast crowd, I had to wait almost an hour for breakfast!!!! for poor tasting coffee!! Overall, the whole place needs updating before I'll ever consider it again..

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.............
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Roy G,
Thank you for your review of your stay. I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced as it does not meet the high standards of Marriott . Please know that we value all feedback. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I hope this experience doesn’t discourage you from staying with Courtyard in the future; we appreciate your business and that you took the time to share your review.