“Good stay!”

Courtyard Lafayette Airport
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I am a loyal Marriott customer and therefore will always give any of their properties first preference. I've stayed at this particular property several times and like it. It's not on the beaten path but still centrally located, clean, and quiet. I recommend it highly for anyone coming to the Lafayette area!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Very clean, and the bed was really comfy. I was impressed with the quietness of the room. We were by the vending machine and never heard anything at night. Yes I would recommend this hotel, and the price was not that bad.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is an older building that has been renovated, from the outside, I wasn't too sure but when we went in, everything was fresh, updated and very clean.
We were first assigned to a room on the third floor, it's a typical day in Louisiana, very hot, sticky and humid, and the A/C was only blowing warm air. I gave it an hour, thinking that maybe they had just turned it on or something as housekeeping was cleaning rooms on that floor. It just got warmer and warmer, to the point I couldn't lay on the bed without sweating. I went back downstairs and explained the problem and asked if we could be moved. The maintenance man was there as well, the attendant asked if he would go look at the unit, but I still asked if we could be moved. I know you don't just "fix" an a/c that quick. The front desk attendant excused herself to get her manager who came and we were promptly moved. As I was waiting, the manager offered to send someone up to move us, she offered complimentary refreshment from the marketplace, I declined all, I wasn't upset at all, just hot. I couldn't ask for better customer service.
The rooms were nice, the updates very nice. Loved the bed linens. The bathrooms were a bit old, but nothing that was just awful.
I would stay here again and most likely will as family now lives here and we will be visiting often.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie L
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

mellyons01,
Thank you for your review and complimentary feedback about your stay with us at Courtyard Lafayette Airport. I’m sorry for the maintenance issue you encountered during your stay, but I’m pleased to hear that you felt well taken care of by our staff in resolving this issue and accommodating your request. We value you as our guest and we do hope you select our hotel the next time you’re in town visiting family. Please allow my office the privilege to take your next reservation. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

IMO, this is an average courtyard due to age of rooms and building. However, as others mentioned, the staff is a bright spot, especially at the bistro! They stay late and serve after they have closed, as long as they are still working, which I find delightful!

The gym is quite small, with few offerings (one stationary bike and treadmill). There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi, though.

Extremely easy to get to and from airport, as they will take you and pick you up when requested! A fantastic restaurant about 5 minutes drive is Riverside Inn! The front desk even had a courtyard coupon for a free dessert or drink! Blue dog restaurant and 1895 (you can walk to it--300 yards) are also good and close.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

usaflyer,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience with us at Courtyard Lafayette. We appreciate your complimentary feedback about our staff’s excellence in service, and I’m pleased to hear they were a bright spot to your stay. We’re happy to have had you as our guest and hope to welcome you back very soon. In the event your travel returns you to the Lafayette area, please afford my office the pleasure to take your next reservation. Thanks again!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

The hotel is nice and clean. Breakfasts are good. Front desk personnel are courteous and helpful. This was my second stay. The first one was strictly for business. This time it was business and personal. The location is central and there is easy access to restaurants and other venues.

This is not an all-inclusive hotel (i.e., doorman, concierge, etc.), but it's a nice place for a few days stay.

Room Tip: Both trips I stayed on the second floor away from the elevator. I didn't notice any annoying no...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Giggicat,
We appreciate your review and return visit with us at Courtyard Lafayette. I’m glad our central location, clean accommodations, and friendly staff made for an enjoyable stay. We hope you’ll plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Lafayette. Please feel free to contact me for your next reservation with us. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was my second time at this hotel and it's improved from years ago with the new decor and food bar. The number one thing here was the staff - I stay in a lot of Courtyards each year and this one has one of the best teams. In particular the gentleman who ran the bar/food on the evening I was there was excellent, conversational, and personable. One morning I was a little late for breakfast and they were out of the yoghurt parfait - they went immediately to make one for me. The accommodations are usual roomy Courtyard comfort. It's very convenient for the airport, and for major restaurants along the major business route.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank astro-martin
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

astro-martin,
We’re happy to hear from you, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay and the improvements we’ve made since your last visit. Your kind comments about our team’s excellence in service is very much appreciated and I’ll be certain to pass along your complimentary feedback. We work hard on offering excellent customer service by having a team of genuine and dedicated associates. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Lafayette. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Hotel was clean and nice but rooms on third floor were HOT!! Even though it was brought to the attention of staff there was little accommodation - hotel was full so they could only move us to another room on third floor - didn't offer any other kind of incentive. It was also a little far from event we were attending

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Marla F,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Lafayette Airport. We appreciate you for acknowledging the cleanliness of our hotel and accommodations even though you did not have a satisfying stay. I sincerely apologize for the frustrations and discomfort you experienced with the room temperature. I have discussed this review with our team to heighten our awareness of such issues and improve our guest experience. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll visit us again in the near future. Thank you again for writing.