“The staff is just awesome professional.”

Courtyard Lafayette Airport
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Houston, Texas
“The staff is just awesome professional.”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My family loves staying at the courtyard. We always stay at the best hotel in the world. Thanks marriott! Always love my experience with a great staff Ms. Kathy Porter is a outstanding clerk always professional.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Blackman62
Suzette M, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Blackman62. Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. It means a lot to us as a team when you rave about our excellent service! We work very hard at providing our guests with a superior guest experience, and are just thrilled that we were able to provide that for you. Ms. Cathy was so excited to be called out by name! We look forward to seeing you again next time your are in our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My son is a student at ULL. Through the 4 times I have been to Lafayette in the past year (from Florida) I have stayed at this Courtyard as well as the Staybridge. When I decided to go up at the end of March (26-31) I decided to use the Courtyard again. Rooms, staff, decor and value are phenomenal. I look forward to seeing more of Lafayette over this break, and I know full well that I will be treated very professionally by their staff.
Chris Raden

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rades
Suzette M, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback on your stay with Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette Airport. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Lafayette area. Geaux ULL!!!!!!!!!!!
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Good: Close to the airport. The staff member at the front desk was very friendly, and the lobby and eating area were nice and fresh. The breakfast was not included, but the cost was reasonable and most of the items were prepared well (breakfast potatoes were tough)

Bad: Floor in front of the elevators was sticky. Dated window unit air conditioner which smelled moldy/stale air when it was turned off. Bathroom was not as clean as it should have been, and there were stains on the comforter and bed skirt.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hcs81m
Suzette M, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear hcs81m. Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. We appreciate the feedback, and we will work on the areas you mention to improve. We have just started a complete renovation of the hotel which will be completed in just a few short months. Our a/c units are being replaced in the process. I have addressed your housekeeping issues, as well as the public area elevator issue, and please be assured that I have taken steps to make sure that this does not happen again. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you next time you are in the Lafayette area.
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Lovely rooms, great service and you serve Starbucks coffee. I kept up my workout regime by using their gym, it was comperable to others, the equipment was clean and worked well.

- I will definately be staying again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kathryn H
We so appreciate you! Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette Airport. We are so glad that our amenities met your needs during your stay. Please come and see us again next time you are in Lafayette - we would love to welcome you back!
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I consider this place as my second home, rooms are clean, Wi-Fi works, Breakfast is beyond your expectations but overall I think what I like the most about this place is the staff, they make you feel welcome and at home. Management really takes care of their customers.

Everything is clean and in working condition, bed and pillows are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Talk to the people at the front desk and set your expectations
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dyanuca
We love having you and your staff stay with us, and we are beyond thrilled that we make you feel at home. It's what we strive to do each and every day with all of our guests, so we are so happy that we've accomplished our goals! We miss you - please come back and see us soon!
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night before catching flight to our honeymoon. Staff was excellent and gave us the "honeymoon suite" when we arrived after midnight, which was awesome. The only thing not awesome was that the fire alarm kept going off multiple times. The front desk came to turn it off, but once they left, another went off. Crazy, but overall a good experience.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank mes2892
Suzette M, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear mes2892. Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on trip advisor. My team and I are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to provide a positive experience for all of our guests, and I am glad that we achieved that goal. The issue with our fire alarm malfunctioning has been corrected, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time your travel needs bring you to Lafayette.
American Expat
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I got a great deal for this hotel, including wifi and breakfast. Unfortunately when I checked in the reception clerk didn't tell me I had a breakfast ticket or explain anything about it. The room was clean and everything in it was in working condition. The next morning I used the gym. The equipment was nice, and towels are provided, but there was no mat for stretching, and you cannot control the temperature. It was warmer in the gym than in the hallway so I propped the door open for ventilation.

Then it was time to eat. I got into a long line and slowly realized it is a cafe and not a continental breakfast so you choose from a menu. This can be seen as a nice touch because you only get what you actually want and it is made fresh, but they need more staff to do this effectively because it's an airport hotel and we have planes to catch and may need to just grab a bagel and go on. Anyway, I realized I didn't have a breakfast coupon with me so I didn't even know what I should be entitled to because I saw some guests were paying and some were not. Fortunately the girl at the counter gave me some food on my word, so I didn't have to go upstairs and get the coupon and wait in line again.

I think the 15+ minutes that I waited to even order was ridiculous. This concept doesn't bother me but the staff should tell guests what the process is when we check in, and they need to get guests served more quickly.

On the upside, when I was leaving the room with several bags a member of the cleaning staff helped me with them all the way out to the car. I tipped her for her extra effort, and that small act of kindness made me feel better about my stay, but the reception and breakfast staff could use some training.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Cindy C
Suzette M, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear ladyoracle1979,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your valued opinions about your stay with us. It is guests like you who assist us in providing the best possible accommodations and services. I am happy to hear that your room was clean and everything worked to your satisfaction. We are addressing the issue of ventilation in our fitness center as it does tend to get very warm. Our bistro is one of our offerings that our guests really love. It's so much nicer to order a hot, freshly prepared breakfast item, than to choose from leftovers on a buffet table. I apologize that my front desk staff did not inform you that you had a breakfast coupon in your key packet, and that it should have been presented at the bistro when you ordered breakfast. I have addressed the issue with my front desk team, and feel certain that this will not happen again. I truly appreciate you bringing it to my attention. I have also expressed your appreciation to our housekeeper that assisted you with your luggage. She was thrilled to know that you appreciated and acknowledged her willingness to help you! We value you as a guest, and hope to see you at Courtyard by Marriott the next time you are in Lafayette.