“Step out of Lafayette and into Europe”

Pamplona Tapas Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Pamplona Tapas Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 575 Restaurants in Lafayette
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main
Transit: We are a short walk from the Rosa Parks Transportation Center in downtown Lafayette, which has both Rail and Bus services available.
Description: Hemingway, bullfighting, and flamenco married with superior Spanish wines and luscious small bites fashion a sophisticated culinary oasis in Downtown Lafayette. By marrying chic urban elegance with rustic Spanish simplicity, Pamplona transports flavors from traditional Spain fused with international tastes, such as those from France, Italy, and North Africa.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

What an incredible change of atmosphere just walking through the front door. The food is different, very different from the usual fare in Lafayette - very European and very tasty. A large selection of tapas to choose from (try the sardines and or the duck fat fries) They are worth the calories. The restaurant far exceeded my expectations and I look forward to many future meals there.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I were at the Festival International de Louisiane downtown last Friday. We didn't want to stand in line at the food booths so we popped in here for dinner. Good choice.

Although the dining rooms were jamming, we didn't have to wait long to be seated The restaurant is loaded with Old World and vintage downtown atmosphere. Our server was friendly and helpful. (Until she intervened,we were going to order way too much food). The menu offers a nice selection of soups, salads, small plates, large plates and traditional tapas. We ordered the arugula salad, duck fat fries and pork belly flatbread, and it was plenty for both of us to share. The salad and flatbread were particularly good. The fries were an extremely popular option (almost every table in there had a cone of them), but they didn't taste that much different than regular homemade french fries although my husband said he could taste the difference. They were good, just not what I expected.

Prices are fairly moderate. I would recommend it.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We were on the road on the way to New Orleans and opened up the Trip Advisor app and thought Tapas sounds fine.
Lafayette is a nice college town on the cusp of the off shore drilling industry.
Ah, back to food .. just go. Innovative and well prepared Tapas, Sat on the porch and had the fried Feta balls, a unique spinach salad and tasty mushrooms.....

1  Thank bbahama
Reviewed 4 March 2014

It's located downtown and offers outside seating which I like. The portions are too small and too costly for my taste. Parking is not easy. We rarely eat there because there are so many other restaurants ahead of it on my favorite list.

3  Thank CaptianSteve
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Food was awesome....chargrilled oysters goat cheese croquettes shrimp ceviche pork empanadas... Wine... Great atmosphere excellent service. Need I say more?