“Great boiled seafood!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Took a chance and went to Seafood Palace for the first time with my fishing buddy on our way to New Orleans. We were seeking boiled crabs...restaurant is quite a ways down Enterprise(turn off I-10 at the Popeye's). We ordered two dozen boiled crabs...after trying some excellent boudin ball appetizers. The crabs were HUGE and boiled perfectly! They were full and flavorful, seasoned perfectly( and I grew up in South La. and I am a pretty good cook myself...so I know). We spent over an hour picking crab meat and drinking Abita amber! Great afternoon. The fried seafood looked wonderful as well, can' t wait to go back and try the fried shrimp! My new favorite seafood place in Lake Charles!

2  Thank Dennis A

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

The boiled blue crabs are the best ever. Being from gulf coast I've had a lot of crabs and these are the best by far!! Service very good and owner checked on us also. Don't miss out.

2  Thank Brent N
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went with some local folks who raved about the food. We were not disappointed--you won't be either. Food was delicious and served promptly.

1  Thank Pam M
Reviewed 7 June 2014

the flavor of the gumbo was good, but in the 16oz bowl we got, I'd be surprised if there was a tablespoon of crawfish/crab in the bowl. Very disappointed in the total lack of ingredients in the gumbo. Don't go out of your way to eat here.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Although we have lived in this area since birth, it was our first trip to this restaurant, We had a fairly large group and the waitress did well. The food was good. The atmosphere is nice for a simple cajun meal. I'll return and eat here again. Overall good experience!

1  Thank E B