“Good Food”

Ranked #3 of 280 Restaurants in Lake Charles
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We eat here everytime we are in Lake Charles. The portions are nice and the wait staff are courteous. Sometimes it takes a while for the food to arrive,but it is always hot and fresh. It's a small place but that makes it cozy. This time my daughters chicken gumbo was scorched,but they were fast in bringing her out whatever else she wanted. Try it,you won't be disappointed. We have never been on a Saturday, we always try for Thursday or Friday and its crowded!!!

1  Thank lexusmama
Write a ReviewReviews (1,365)

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Excellent food and great atmosphere. The people are very nice and want to make sure you have a memorable experience.

1  Thank Angelo R
Reviewed 10 August 2012

what,s not to like if you really like cajun or seafood a true place to go on a see food diet for the price i don,t think you can beat it try the boiled shrimp tender and seasoned to perfection

1  Thank bob w
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This is by far the best Cajun food Ive had! The only drawback is the area you walk in to is cramped and they line people up in the door in order to place an order...its HOT and cramped. As you are standing in line people are trying to leave at the same time so it is very chaotic to get your order in.The restroom area is small and cramped, but if you can overlook that the food is worth the wait. I reccomend the PISTOLETTS they are wonderful. Small croissant rolls filled with shrimp or crawfish ettouffe and the fried boudin balls! I go just for those specialties!!

1  Thank judybh3ah
Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

I've loved Steamboat's since I was a child. On a recent trip back home, I ate there with my husband and parents. I must say it did not disappoint. The fried crabs were amazing and the shrimp platters were just as great as I remember.

1  Thank Nrntvn