“Homestyle but not my home”

Southern Spice Restaurant and Grill
Ranked #57 of 275 Restaurants in Lake Charles
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 5 August 2012

The food was overcooked, tasted like it had been in a cafeteria setting, not what I expected at all. Would not go back even though the prices are low, the food is not very good at all.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Ok, this restaurant is called Southern SPICE!! But where is the flavor?? The food is bland, dont waste your time. Go to Pat Henderson for REAL southern cajun fine food.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

The table where we were seated was dirty & the waitress was quite annoyed when we asked that it be cleaned. We left & have not been back

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I have eaten here several times and the food has always been really good. Only the one in Lake Charles, though. The one is Moss Bluff isn't as good as this one. I would still eat there though. The chicken fried steak is authentic and the sides are always fresh. Take a chance. You will enjoy it.

2  Thank Katherine T
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Heard great things about this restaurant. I ordered shrimp basket to go. Shrimp was very good, fries were marginal. All in all, I was pleased with the meal. Reasonably priced.

1  Thank ChangeAdvisor