“Good food and service”

Good for: Local cuisine
Houston, Texas
“Good food and service”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a hot, tasty breakfast of bacon, eggs and other fare. Friendly, attentive service in a relaxed atmosphere. It was a nice visit and we'll be back.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Fishytourist

Katy, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good and reasonable breakfast”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

came here on recommendation of friendly local in the parking lot of a nearby restaurant that had a long wait line for breakfast. food was good and reasonable priced. a nice break from the casinos. we plan to come back for lunch on our next trip to Lake Charles. Yes, the place is a little outdated, but it did not affect my food in the least.

• Visited January 2014
Eugene, Oregon
“Good local food”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner. Homey place lots of locals. Not bad really, but nothing special. We were hoping for more of a Cajun flare being our first time in Louisiana.

Shreveport, Louisiana
“There are much better choices in Lake Charles”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

My wife and I ate at this restaurant on March 15, 2013. The server was very nice and did her job adequately. There was no atmosphere and the food was nothing special. When I go out to dinner in South Louisiana I expect something really good. This food belonged in the line at the cafeteria. I wish I could give a better report. All of the patrons that night seemed to be locals and I really can't explain why they would have chosen this place.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank kelly_young49
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“NO SPICE!!”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Okay, we have given this restaurant several tries, but they just never were up to par, and we aren't snooty high class people. We didn't expect dinner at the "Ritz", we just wanted some good, "spiced like we cajuns like it" kind of food, on days when this Cajun Momma ain't in the mood to cook!! Know what I mean? Sadly, this place did not measure up for our family. The food had VERY LITTLE (IF ANY) seasonings and most of it was cooked to death!! It would have been okay for baby food I guess, or if you have no teeth, but for a robust hungry Cajun.....NO! I don't care about the prices..if food is good, people will pay for it, however, I would not eat this food even if they gave it away free. Ya'll need to get a true Cajun cook, or change your name. Maybe Yankee Flavor would be a better name. There sure isn't anything Southern about this place! Frankly, I am puzzled that they are still in business..not a soul I know eats there...

• Visited November 2012