Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South
US$104
HIExpress.com
US$109
US$105
Comfort Inn Lake Charles(Lake Charles)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$77
ComfortInn
Red Roof Inn & Suites Lake Charles(Lake Charles)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$73
Red Roof
US$89
US$87
Golden Nugget Hotel(Lake Charles)
US$209
US$204
US$205
US$188
All reviewsindoor poollovely hotelfront desk staffclean propertybusiness centerweekend staybooked roomsawesome stayjeromeihg
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was pretty good, ribeye and salad were great, not to mention we got there and ordered at 9:30 pm. The smell of smoke in my room completely hit me in the face when I walked in my room. Also, found a giant spider on my bed right before I went to sleep. I'm sure there are better places to stay in Lake Charles.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Mick751,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced particularly with the the spider and with breakfast. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 March 2014

First, I will start by saying I created a TripAdvisor account just to write this review. I rarely offer feedback unless it is merited. I am a business man from Houston who decided to come to Lake Charles to partake in some gaming with my wife and a friend. L'auberge was booked up, so this property along with a few others accommodate overflow. With that, supply and demand is in their favor so your typical night at this property will run you ~$200 inclusive of tax. I am a bit put off by that just having stayed at a variety of other Holiday Inn Express hotels. The parking lot was somewhat empty so I did question the advertised limited availability as depicted online when booking. I showed up on a Friday night with intentions to check out early, drive to the casino, play and then head back to Houston. Positives: The parking lot was spacious and the hotel lobby was rather grandioso for a Holiday Inn Express. You can tell this isn't your standard lobby and the franchise owner was really aiming to set their hotel apart. Negatives: The walls are paper thin. We had quite a few kids on our floor as well as above us that were just simply running and/or jumping around. The architecture of the hotel turns each room into speaker box when heavy feet are above you in another room. I managed to get over that, but the WiFi was the annoying thing. I see another reviewer in January of 2014 had a similar complaint. Management is suggestive that it was fixed? It was not and I had the same issues as described by that reviewer. This tells me that even after two months, no true action was taken. I now question how genuine or proactive these responses are by management on trip advisor. I will give them the benefit of the doubt regardless. We also noticed that kids were being left unattended. The idea here is that mommy and daddy go to the casino to play while the youngsters (9-13 year olds) are left behind to play at the pool or stay in the hotel room. I can't blame anyone but the parents, but wrap it all up and on my end, I spent way too much money to deal with a loud environment coupled with no WiFi. The room itself was "OK" but you could tell that things were getting worn with time. There was an award in the lobby suggestive of a 2013 TripAdvisor Honor. Not this year in my opinion! The frequency of negative reviews are picking up. You guys should have solved the WiFi issue weeks ago. My recommendations: Lower your price point. In a future event I would turn this hotel down at a base rate of $170. The accommodation is not worth that price point. Fix the WiFi. Have the owner shell out the cash and get it done correct the first time. If you are having to reboot the modem and have signals go in and out then something is wrong. Hire a pro. The other item would be to notify casino goers that kids can not be left unattended. Holiday Inn Express is not the McDonalds play land while Mom and Dad venture off to lose money at a roulette wheel.

Room Tip: I would opt for the highest walls as the ceilings are paper thin.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelNinja333
holidayinnlakecharle, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments and for your recommendations. I sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations in this case. Rest assured that we are working to correct most of the issues you mentioned. Your comments are very valuable because they help us see where we’re going wrong so we can approve. I offer my apologies once again and sincerely thank you for taking time of offer comments and advice.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My husband stayed here two nights and had very to little problems here. Clean, very polite front desk, nice furniture, granite. Less than a mile from L' Berge, restaurant was great for breakfast. I'll be back

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jonell2016
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed here for business. The room and accommodations were nice. One of the best Holiday in Lobbys that I have seen and the staff was very polite. The breakfast was sub par, However the lunch and dinner food was good. They advertise a business center and have a few meeting rooms, however if you intent on connecting to the internet while you are staying you had better have a cell phone with tethering because the wifi and the wired connections in the room are useless. I told the front desk all three days I was there that the wifi was down. Sometimes was able to connect but it wouldn't stay up long and was extremely slow. Authentication page never came up so it was a free for all. They said the called someone to fix it, but this looks like an infrastructure issue because it had the same problem no matter where you were in the hotel. If I wasn't so busy while I was there I would have switched to a different hotel based on this factor alone. Hopefully this gets some attention because a lot of folks I work with recommended this hotel but until this gets fixed I doubt anyone will be staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
holidayinnlakecharle, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for the kind things you said about the Hotel and your stay, I agree with you completely.

· All the staff was informed of the nice things you said about her and received our commendation.

· Maintenance was informed of the Wi FI in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into it.

I hope that the next time you are in our area, you will reconsider your decision and once again stay at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South. We do take our guest reviews seriously, and I think you will be very pleased.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Front desk staff were very friendly-
We stayed three nights and two days.
There were dirty underwear left in our closet upon arrival. Food and particles of garbage were found under the bed.
Housekeeping came by around 10am (after our first sleep)- we declined and signed to have our room bypassed. The second day they came at 930 (we were on our way out and were asked if we wanted it cleaned- our reply was "yes", we did not sign anything this time). When we came back to our hotel later in the afternoon it hadn't been cleaned. And someone had posted a 'do not disturb sign on our door'! We mentioned this to front desk and were told it would be cleaned, it was not. So for the duration of our stay our room was never cleaned!
Indoor pool was freezing cold! My toes were numb after 20 seconds of being submerged.
Complimentary breakfast not included unless specified at this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

· Front desh Staff was informed of the nice things you said about her and received our commendation.

· Housekeeping received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

· Breakfast staff was approached about the possibility of giving the breakfast more variety.

· Pool staff received additional training in properly maintaining the pool.