“Staff where excellent.”

Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Lake Charles
Perth
“Staff where excellent.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have been staying at this chain through the US as we travel. The staff where fantastic in service and friendly beyond belief nothing was too much. The rooms where clean and the pool area was excellent.
Would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
Mike D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you very much for your nice review. Our team works very hard and it is a nice boost when their efforts are recognized. I agree - they are some of the friendliest people you can find. Thank you again for staying with us. We appreciate the recommendation and hope to see you here again soon!

Mike Duhon
GM
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Lake Charles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Mr. Rodney set the tone for the night...he was very friendly and our check in was fast and easy. Room was clean and beds were comfortable..only thing I have to say was that the room had a smell as if it once was a smoking room? None the less we got a good nights rest after getting back from the firework show downtown! Would stay here again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank julianerica
holidayinnlakecharle, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your kind comments about our rooms and staff. I’m sorry that you experienced a strange smell. That’s unusual and not something that’s common. We take real pride in this hotel and hope it shows in everything we do. I hope you will indeed visit us again when you have the opportunity.

Hotel Manager
houston Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Checked in about 10:00pm and checked out about 6:00am the next morning so my experience with the hotel is somewhat limited. Nevertheless my welcome at check in was warm and genuine. Room was clean and very quiet. Bed was comfortable. The next morning the shower was easy to operate.complimentary coffee when I checked out. I would stay again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear frankhoustonTexas,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very glad that you appreciate the warm welcome and the accommodations you had. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to know that we have met your expectations.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Alto, Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel has an excellent staff, I made my reservation through Mrs. Loretta. She assured me everything would go smoothly. I checked in late and didn't feel like going to eat so I ordered from the restaurant.. Room service from the Kim's Restaurant and Bar was delicious. At breakfast everyone was friendly, willing to answer all my question. The front desk manager Rodney is a trip. Housekeeping kept my room clean and well stocked. I will call Mrs. Loretta or Mr. Rodney again to book my next stay. Happy Guest

Room Tip: Ask for Mrs. Loretta or Mr. Rodney they will make your stay great.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Mr. Rodney welcomed us and a tone was set that beginning of a wonderful night. Dinner and breakfast was great in an under used eatery. Good food, reasonable prices, great service. Comfortable and clean room.

Only negative....other clientele....kids sports clubs. At$150 a night one should not have to endure kids running the halls nor their parents who could care less.

Room Tip: Hopefully the soccer/baseball/gymnastics team will not be there.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was pretty good, ribeye and salad were great, not to mention we got there and ordered at 9:30 pm. The smell of smoke in my room completely hit me in the face when I walked in my room. Also, found a giant spider on my bed right before I went to sleep. I'm sure there are better places to stay in Lake Charles.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Mick751,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced particularly with the the spider and with breakfast. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2014

First, I will start by saying I created a TripAdvisor account just to write this review. I rarely offer feedback unless it is merited. I am a business man from Houston who decided to come to Lake Charles to partake in some gaming with my wife and a friend. L'auberge was booked up, so this property along with a few others accommodate overflow. With that, supply and demand is in their favor so your typical night at this property will run you ~$200 inclusive of tax. I am a bit put off by that just having stayed at a variety of other Holiday Inn Express hotels. The parking lot was somewhat empty so I did question the advertised limited availability as depicted online when booking. I showed up on a Friday night with intentions to check out early, drive to the casino, play and then head back to Houston. Positives: The parking lot was spacious and the hotel lobby was rather grandioso for a Holiday Inn Express. You can tell this isn't your standard lobby and the franchise owner was really aiming to set their hotel apart. Negatives: The walls are paper thin. We had quite a few kids on our floor as well as above us that were just simply running and/or jumping around. The architecture of the hotel turns each room into speaker box when heavy feet are above you in another room. I managed to get over that, but the WiFi was the annoying thing. I see another reviewer in January of 2014 had a similar complaint. Management is suggestive that it was fixed? It was not and I had the same issues as described by that reviewer. This tells me that even after two months, no true action was taken. I now question how genuine or proactive these responses are by management on trip advisor. I will give them the benefit of the doubt regardless. We also noticed that kids were being left unattended. The idea here is that mommy and daddy go to the casino to play while the youngsters (9-13 year olds) are left behind to play at the pool or stay in the hotel room. I can't blame anyone but the parents, but wrap it all up and on my end, I spent way too much money to deal with a loud environment coupled with no WiFi. The room itself was "OK" but you could tell that things were getting worn with time. There was an award in the lobby suggestive of a 2013 TripAdvisor Honor. Not this year in my opinion! The frequency of negative reviews are picking up. You guys should have solved the WiFi issue weeks ago. My recommendations: Lower your price point. In a future event I would turn this hotel down at a base rate of $170. The accommodation is not worth that price point. Fix the WiFi. Have the owner shell out the cash and get it done correct the first time. If you are having to reboot the modem and have signals go in and out then something is wrong. Hire a pro. The other item would be to notify casino goers that kids can not be left unattended. Holiday Inn Express is not the McDonalds play land while Mom and Dad venture off to lose money at a roulette wheel.

Room Tip: I would opt for the highest walls as the ceilings are paper thin.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelNinja333
holidayinnlakecharle, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments and for your recommendations. I sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations in this case. Rest assured that we are working to correct most of the issues you mentioned. Your comments are very valuable because they help us see where we’re going wrong so we can approve. I offer my apologies once again and sincerely thank you for taking time of offer comments and advice.

Hotel Manager.