“Just Average”

Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Lake Charles
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Just Average”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had a single night stay last weekend. The room was not ready when I arrived and had to wait 35 minutes in the lobby. When I was given the okay that my room was ready my card key didn't work. Thank goodness that a housekeeper was in a nearby room. Once I placed my luggage in the room I immediately called the front desk that I was on my way down because of this problem. When I arrived at the front desk I was asked for my ID which I understand is policy but this was a horrible beginning to my stay. One I had the appropriate key cards programmed I returned to my room which was clean and roomy but way overpriced. Like I said, just average...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank KeMiMa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Great Hotel, with a very nice location, easy shopping, places to eat and grab food and gas, casino within 5 minutes.
Room was very clean, well kept facility. Breakfast was your standard hotel breakfast but well stocked and hot food was hot.
Check in was a breeze, Kayla made the check easy and pleasant which was very welcome after a long drive.

Great place to stay would saty here again

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here just one night....loved the hotel. It was clean, comfortable, and conveniently located. BUT there was a young man working the desk that clearly didn't understand what customer service was about. He was rude and unappreciative. My parents stayed here also and had the same opinion of this clerk.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mjkcs
League City, Texas
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Went to Louisiana for the weekend and thought we would give this hotel a try. They canceled our reservation without our approval. The girl at the desk said that the reservation we'd made did not "come across" as one that would be held for late arrival. We made the reservation on the Wyndam Wingate site with a credit card. Wingate website FAQs says that all reservations made with a credit card are held for late arrival and if you do not cancel by 6 p.m. the credit card is charged. Our rate was a discounted senior citizens rate and I am sure there was a lot of demand last night so the hotel could get more money for our room for unreserved late arrivals.. When we arrived at the hotel around 9:30 p.m. the girl at the front desk was on the phone with the manager about our reservation. They had given us a couple of calls informing us of their intent but we were traveling and did not hear the phone. When we did get the call and returned the call they had already given up our room and were completely full. Seniors beware of this hotel and any discount reservations. SENIORS STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL. The manager would not talk to me. I feel sorry for the girls at the front desk that have to carry out such unscrupulous treatment of customers. Give credit to the girls for helping my wife and I find another room in Lake Charles at a higher rate of course. Tomorrow I am going to call Wyndam corporate in New Jersey to see if this is how they train their managers.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
21 Thank Charles P
Houma
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed 4 nights in September 2013. The staff was very professional, the room and bathroom were very clean and the place smelt always fresh. The shower had good water pressure and drain, the bed was a queen size and it was very comfortable, average WiFi speed, very quiet. Breakfast was good and had a great variety of food. At walking distance there are some good places where to eat, a sports bar, a Chinese restaurant, an olive garden, just to name a few. Overall I was very happy with my experience and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business