To be clear, I would give this property 3 1/2 stars, if I could. It is good, but not quite very good. The facility is new and the staff is friendly. The rooms are functional,clean and the beds comfortable. There are some rough edges:
1. My reservation was not in order. I booked two rooms one of which was to be an accessible room. We were assigned two non-accessible rooms. In all fairness, I booked the rooms on line and I could have made the mistake during booking.
2. The desk clerk reassigned us to an accessible room, which upon entering the room turned out to be a regular room.
3. We changed rooms again and finally moved into an accessible room. After two nights, the morning of the third day at the Hotel, someone opened the room door and came in. It turned out that they had assigned the room to a new guest a day prior to our check-out date. Upon further investigation, the clerk that checked us in upon arrival, who had reassigned the room, did not change the room in the computer and it showed us still in the original room. The front desk clerk on duty during the morning of the third day, who had assigned a new guest to our room then called the 82 year old disabled person in the room and told him, he was not supposed to be in that room, he should be in the original non-accessible room. It all got sorted out in the end, but it indicates some more training of the staff may be required.
4. We arrived back at the Hotel around 6 pm one evening and found the door propped open with the security latch. There was no housekeeping cart outside of our room, but when we entered the housekeeper emerged and said she had to check the towels. This was kind of odd, but nothing was missing.
In summary, the Hotel was adequate and the sleep quality was good. The location is convenient to the many chemical plants, refineries, local businesses and also the large casino. It is a good choice for personal and corporate business. We will at least give it another try when back in Lake Charles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, guests stay in accommodations that are anything but ordinary. Our Lake Charles hotel's suites and public areas are made to offer comfort for business and leisure travelers, especially travelers on extended stays. But, our hotel is also stylish and it is full of color and helpful amenities. Stay with us at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles and take advantage of modern accommodations (all suites!) filled with many thoughtful amenities, all without an extra cost! Enjoy a spacious guest suite with a plush bed, pull-out sofa, flat-panel TV, and kitchenette. Also, relax knowing we have a refreshing indoor pool and heated whirlpool to unwind in, a free daily breakfast to fuel you up, and a chic Lobby bar offering cocktails until 10 p.m. Plus, you get a superb location when you stay with us, near casinos and right off the I-210. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Lake Charles Hotel Lake Charles