“Best hotel in Lake Charles”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Lake Charles
Austin Texas
“Best hotel in Lake Charles”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

New hotel in the Lake Charles, LA area. Free breakfast included, bar opens at 4pm. New design of hotel for Springhill suites. Spacious rooms and very friendly and helpful staff. Free coffee in the lobby 24hrs a day! This will be where I stay when in the Lake Charles, Kinder area of Louisiana

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank lornem

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I spent two nights here for business. Since I travel quite a bit for work, I don't really expect much from the hotel that I stay in, however this hotel far exceeded my expectations. Every single member of the staff that I encountered was friendly and helpful and really made being on a work-related trip by myself much more enjoyable. The rooms were extremely spacious and clean. There were a few restaurants within walking distance and it was nice to have the small lobby bar to have a glass of wine at the end of the day. The only negative was being so close to the freeway and hearing road noise, but it would not be enough of a drawback to prevent me from staying here on future trips to the area.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room that faces the freeway.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I spent three weeks here on business from the UK. The hotel smelt clean as soon as you walked in the doors. All the staff always spoke to me whenever they saw me, and never refused to be as helpful as possible. The only drawback is the location as the interstate is on the back of the hotel therefore you should try to book a room on the front. I would definitely return if I was visiting the area in the future. Give it a try I don,t think you would be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Voltbolt
Atlanta
Reviewed 8 January 2012

New, clean hotel. Accomodating, friendly staff. Very nice hot breakfast bar. Convenient to the interstate. Freeway noise was the only negative.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. It is new and very clean and the prices are reasonable. However, do not stay in odd numbered rooms. They face I-210 and the rooms are very noisy - especially at higher floors. The staff is outstanding and very friendly. Just make sure you get on the right side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose even numbered rooms only.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jasper298
Birmingham
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We needed to break up our 12 hour drive home from Thanksgiving so I picked this hotel b/c it was #1 on Tripadvisor. I also read online that Marriott brands should have portable cribs. The hotel seems very new. It's right by I-10 interstate, but we stayed on the opposite side and it was very quiet. The hotel is right near a nice shopping center (we got take-out from Jo-Jo Chinese Bistro that was yummy). The crib was in our room upon arrival. We were told that it came with sheets but there were none. We asked and were told to use the sheets in the closet that go with the pull-out sofa. That was fine and worked well. The room was not huge but comfortable. The bath set-up is kind of modern with toilet and shower in separate little rooms. Shower/sink and toliet/sink room both has sliding rooms. So there are two sinks in the room. Shower is stand-up only. There is no tub. It was spacious though. Breakfast was average. Muffins and coffee were good. There is a little "marketplace" by front desk - like little vending area. I mainly noticed that they had Ben & Jerry's and Haagen Daas ice cream. Didn't see the prices.

Only bad really is that we asked for extra shampoo/conditioner and were given baby shampoo. When we asked for adult items, we were told that this is all they have. Also, we had to get our room keycards redone. Random guest opened door to our room. I guess they gave him our room by mistake. But it was quickly fixed.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms do not face the interstate.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Austin, TX
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I stayed here with my girlfriend and 4 kids over the Thanksgiving holiday visiting family. The rooms are very nice, with a hipsterish look and feel. The partion between the rooms is really a set of sliding glass panels. The bathroom is divided into two rooms, a WC and a shower room. I liked this but my girlfriend didn't. There was no bathtub, just a shower. Bedsheets, pillows, and comforter were real comfortable.

The indoor pool is heated just right and the hot tub is the hottest hot tub I've ever been in. This was a welcome change from most lukewarm hot tubs.

The breakfast buffet was simply wonderful. Eggs, sausage, pastries, cereal, oatmeal, grits, and a do it yourself waffle iron. Coffee was high quality as well.

The whole property is brand new and very close to the casino, Prien Lake Mall, and I-210.

My son got lost at this hotel and the staff were on it quick. He was found within 5 minutes (wandered into the hotel elevator accidentally). Every request I had to the front desk was granted (i.e. the boys wanted to watch cartoons while my gf and I were finishing up breakfast).

You can certainly do a whole lot worse, but I really don't think you can do any better.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family