“I Have Made More Reservations”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Lake Charles
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“I Have Made More Reservations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

I made reservations for this hotel for me and my husband. The room rate was a weekend rate of $99 a night. At the last minute my husband couldn't make it and a friend came instead. The front desk make several last minute changes to my reservation upon arrival including accommodating an early check-in, a request in which side of the hotel we were on, the type of bed arrangements and at 1am in the morning, a late check-out the next morning. Both front desk attendees were polite and friendly. I realize some of these requests were subject to availability but I was still extremely grateful. The hotel is clean and modern. The bed was comfortable. Housekeeping did a great job. It, along with a few other hotels, are nearby the casino and several sit-down restaurants. The breakfast was on par with hotels in this price-range. I just made more reservations for the end of this month.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you got to experience how helpful our front desk staff is! We are very excited to hear that you will be coming back to stay with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Madisonville, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

I would give this an excellent had I not been facing the very busy interstate. The hotel itself should be a design model, in my opinion for others. Kudos to the designer for a well planned out use of space. The breakfast was great as well. I did request to be moved to the quiet side, and was told there were no rooms available. However, I overheard others checking in the next day and being placed on the side not backing up to the highway. I was curtly told again that no rooms were available as they were booked. I believe that they just did not want to move anyone from the interstate side. I would hope they could sound proof the windows better, but I do not know if that is possible. I slept with a pillow over my head while there.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs, in case the requested room NOT backing up to the interstate is unavailable. The...
Pflugerville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Conveniently off interstate 210, really nice lobby, attentive desk staff, good area holding refreshments. Cleaning staff really sweet. Especially close to local shopping and casino. Not crazy about the food selection at the free breakfast: cold muffins and inconsistent waffle iron. Too, staff needs to warn parents about unmonitored little tykes who get in the way at the breakfast bar far too often, especially on weekends! Room was a dream -- felt very Swedish and comfortable. Best bed ever!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. The weekends are some of our busiest times and we are upgrading our breakfast. We are happy to hear that you received the excellent service from our staff that we strive to provide. We hope to see you back!
Arabi, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

This is a great hotel, we stayed 2 nights as our daughter was in the Louisiana State Championship Swim Meet in Sulphur, LA. The hotel location is good as well as it surrounded by a strip mall which includes Buffalo Wild Wings, Sonic, Super Target, Lane Bryant and much more. An Olive Garden restaurant is near the hotel as well, probably within walking distance.

The Lauberge Hotel is about a mile away, maybe less. We visited this casino to eat and we loved the Dungeness crabs available on the weekend. We ate plenty :-).

Back to the hotel. We thought the decor was very modern, very beautiful rooms and we had a very enjoyable stay. We have stayed at many Springhill Suites lately and the staff at all of the hotels are really pleasant.

Definitely recommend this hotel, if I can say one bad thing about the hotel it would be that its located directly on Interstate 210 and although the traffic didn't bother my family as we slept fine I could hear the traffic when awake. Just keep in mind possibly to ask for a room on the opposite side the interstate.

1 Thank Garth3232
Lake Charles, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed this past weekend for one night. The lobby is beautiful. The turquoise and light green colors are lovely and scream relaxation. The room was modern and clean with plenty of space. Resembled a small apartment. I could've showered and just layed in the bed with a white terry cloth robe on all weekend. Every staff person I encountered greeted me with a good morning or good afternoon. They all displayed excellent customer service. The free breakfast the next morning was ok, nothing to brag about. Overall great experience. I will be returning.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are extremely thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff showed you our excellent service. We will actually be having some new breakfast items start next month including freshly cut fruit and quiche! We hope you come back and are able to enjoy these new items!
Center, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Checked in yesterday...it was just okay. Decor looked like a high school project on a tight budget. Today was the topper. Came back from the casino, and housekeeping had taken my leftovers from last night's dinner, as well as $44 worth of desserts we bought when we left the casino!!!! I left them out on the table, all nicely grouped, not even thinking that anything would be touched. And she/he took the 2 large nice bags that the desserts were in!!!! The towels are paper thin, the shower leaked ourside and there was water all over the bathroom floor! The toilet is not even in the bathroom. It is totally separate from the bath. When we arrived we did not even have a whole roll of toilet paper...only 2 pieces. The room coffee is also awful. Will never stay at a Sprinhill Suite, especially this one again. We love Marriott, but not this line.

Room Tip: None for this hotel....just don't stay here!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We are deeply sorry for the incident that happened here during your stay. We have reiterated the policies with housekeeping of throwing away left out food in a room to make sure this doesn’t happen again. We are also sorry that you did not like our décor. It is designed to inspire both business travelers and families alike. The wonderful thing about Marriott is that they have a brand to suit everyone’s needs.
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

Needed a room for two nights while visiting family at hospital (3 miles from hotel). Very modern. Clean. Quiet. Reasonable price. Liked layout, except for toilet being in room separate from shower. Free breakfast is convenient and of medium quality. Front desk staff are very helpful. Parking is onsite and free. Free internet connection.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are glad that you got the chance to stay with us! We are sorry that you had to be visiting someone in the hospital though. It is great that you ate from our complimentary hot breakfast buffet! We are very happy that you received excellent service from our Front Desk staff. We hope you will come back and visit us!