“Simply Wonderful”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is my second visit to Springhill Suites in Lake Charles, LA and like the first, it was outstanding. Visited here last April (2012) and their service, cleanliness and amenities are still outstanding. I stay at a lot of hotels during the year and this is truly a class act. The staff is always very friendly and accomodating. The rooms are hip, well appointed, and impeccably clean. Spacious rooms with couch, desk, fridge, microwave, shower in seperate room from toilet. The location is central to Lake Charles and provides easy access to the community. Again, an outstanding place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay this time and the time before. We hope to see you back time and time again!

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Rooms are large with double queen beds. Also has a convertible sofa bed and nicely furnished. Has fridge and microwave. Has a separate toilet and sink which is good for family. Free continental breakfast and internet. Cleaning staff are very friendly. Hotel stays busy and on weekends could get noisy for rooms near the elevator.

Room Tip: stay as far from the elevators as possible whenstaying for a long period
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you back!

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We recently stayed here on our way to Florida, and I couldn't have been more pleased. The rooms looked almost brand new with a funky modern design. Everything was clean and comfortable, which are my two biggest concerns with a hotel when traveling with family. The hotel is conveniently located right of I-210, and there are several restaurants and a Target nearby. Excellent hotel . . . one I will definitely stay at when passing that way again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! We love our location also. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I made reservations for this hotel for me and my husband. The room rate was a weekend rate of $99 a night. At the last minute my husband couldn't make it and a friend came instead. The front desk make several last minute changes to my reservation upon arrival including accommodating an early check-in, a request in which side of the hotel we were on, the type of bed arrangements and at 1am in the morning, a late check-out the next morning. Both front desk attendees were polite and friendly. I realize some of these requests were subject to availability but I was still extremely grateful. The hotel is clean and modern. The bed was comfortable. Housekeeping did a great job. It, along with a few other hotels, are nearby the casino and several sit-down restaurants. The breakfast was on par with hotels in this price-range. I just made more reservations for the end of this month.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you got to experience how helpful our front desk staff is! We are very excited to hear that you will be coming back to stay with us!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I would give this an excellent had I not been facing the very busy interstate. The hotel itself should be a design model, in my opinion for others. Kudos to the designer for a well planned out use of space. The breakfast was great as well. I did request to be moved to the quiet side, and was told there were no rooms available. However, I overheard others checking in the next day and being placed on the side not backing up to the highway. I was curtly told again that no rooms were available as they were booked. I believe that they just did not want to move anyone from the interstate side. I would hope they could sound proof the windows better, but I do not know if that is possible. I slept with a pillow over my head while there.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs, in case the requested room NOT backing up to the interstate is unavailable. The...
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Conveniently off interstate 210, really nice lobby, attentive desk staff, good area holding refreshments. Cleaning staff really sweet. Especially close to local shopping and casino. Not crazy about the food selection at the free breakfast: cold muffins and inconsistent waffle iron. Too, staff needs to warn parents about unmonitored little tykes who get in the way at the breakfast bar far too often, especially on weekends! Room was a dream -- felt very Swedish and comfortable. Best bed ever!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. The weekends are some of our busiest times and we are upgrading our breakfast. We are happy to hear that you received the excellent service from our staff that we strive to provide. We hope to see you back!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

This is a great hotel, we stayed 2 nights as our daughter was in the Louisiana State Championship Swim Meet in Sulphur, LA. The hotel location is good as well as it surrounded by a strip mall which includes Buffalo Wild Wings, Sonic, Super Target, Lane Bryant and much more. An Olive Garden restaurant is near the hotel as well, probably within walking distance.

The Lauberge Hotel is about a mile away, maybe less. We visited this casino to eat and we loved the Dungeness crabs available on the weekend. We ate plenty :-).

Back to the hotel. We thought the decor was very modern, very beautiful rooms and we had a very enjoyable stay. We have stayed at many Springhill Suites lately and the staff at all of the hotels are really pleasant.

Definitely recommend this hotel, if I can say one bad thing about the hotel it would be that its located directly on Interstate 210 and although the traffic didn't bother my family as we slept fine I could hear the traffic when awake. Just keep in mind possibly to ask for a room on the opposite side the interstate.

1  Thank Garth3232