“Meeting Space”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed 26 November 2013

CB&I Lake Charles books meeting space at SpringHill Suites in Lake Charles quite often for overflow meetings and/or all day meetings and we have been very pleased. We are always provided with first class service from the moment we book our meeting space until our meetings end. My questions/requests are always met with a prompt and friendly response. I would recommend SpringHill Suites to anyone looking for outside meeting space.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Vanessa D
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We take pride in every function that we hold in our meeting space whether it is 2 people or 200 people. We strive to provide the same level of service to each group that books with us. We hope that you continue to utilize us, we enjoy having you here!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at this property for 6 nights recently while visiting family. I found my room comfortable and the staff friendly, but I preferred the breakfast served at La Quinta Lake Charles, where I stayed last year. I live overseas so when I'm in Lake Charles, I rely on my iPhone via wifi to monitor my email and access the internet. Unfortunately, the wifi network at the hotel would not stay connected to my iPhone for more than 2-3 minutes at a time. And when it disconnected, no matter how hard I tried, I usually couldn't get it to reconnect. The first staff member I asked said she was unaware of any issues. I stopped in at a cell phone store and they recommended I update my software. I tried it, but it didn't solve the issue.

I then asked another staff member who said that apple products generally don't work well with their wifi. And I asked one more person at the front desk and they said that their IT person was coming the next day to fix it. If I am looking to stay in Lake Charles in the future, I would only consider this property if I knew for sure that I wouldn't encounter the same problems with wifi.

I found it significantly quieter than LaQuinta but I did require earplugs during the night or else I would get awakened by the rushing water sound when my neighbor's toilet was flushed.

When I arrived, I read the materials in my room describing the hotel's amenities. One of them was supposed to be 24 hour coffee service in the lobby. I had a 5:33 am flight out of Lake Charles on check out day and was checking out of the hotel at approximately 3:30 am. Could have REALLY used that coffee but there was none. And it wasn't like they ran out. The coffee dispensers weren't out period. Yes, there was a coffee maker in my room but I never use those because there usually isn't a sufficient amount of cream and sugar. Besides, I was expecting coffee in the lobby so I didn't think to use the in-room coffee maker before I checked out.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Pugmama-san
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for choosing us for your six night stay in Lake Charles! We are glad you found the room comfortable and the staff friendly. Those are the core elements we provide each and every day. We are aware that some devices have trouble connecting to our internet. We have our IT personnel working on a solution to this issue. Coffee is an important staple to many people and we provide that in each guest room. Please stay with us again to see the improvements we have made with our internet service and we promise to make you some coffee!!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I like SpringHill for many reasons.

First: Great, friendly, and accommodating staff. Brittany and Jasmine are A++!

Second: Modern swanky decor. (Although for short people, the bath mirror is frustrating very difficult to see for make up application) There's a physical divider between room and desk of suite. They provide paper plates and plastic utensil in microwave. Toilet area is separate from shower area.

Third: Happy Hour! I don't drink alcohol, but there's a bar and happy hour for post work relaxation or pre party fun.

Fourth: Breakfast assortments are nice. Coffee and creamer variety is appreciated. Citrus or Mint water available after work or workout.

Fifth: Very clean.

The only drawback to this property is noise. It is not bad, but if you are sensitive to noise, please see my Wingate review.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed everything during your stay! We hope that you come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel is great. The rooms are very modern and cool. The hotel is very clean and also offers a free breakfast each morning. We wanted to stay at lauberge like we always do but they were full. We are regulars so they paid for our room here and you can't go wrong with staying here. We will always stay here if Lauberge is full. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor and we really enjoyed it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for letting us know how your stay was! We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Great location !! Great nite sleep. Shuttle to the casino starts at 5 pm stops at 1 AM 5 days a week. Close to local eateries...Safe !
Traveling with children. We always leave something behind. And Springhill always come to our recuse. Expect for this visit. YUP..left something in our room.... When I knew the exact location were it was left !. And a complete description of the housekeeper which we greeted as we checked out from the 5th floor !! I even left her A tip..shame shame....

Room Tip: All rooms are mostly noise proof. Expect the folks in the hallway...and don't miss breakfast!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all of the amenities that we have to offer! As we do cater to a lot of families we take pride in our lost and found system and we strive to be even better. We hope to see you back!

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Whatever you do don't tell everybody about this one. The rooms, service, bar, all first class for half the cost of the bigger hotels. Shuttle service to the L'auberge casino. You will miss standing in line checking in and out. Shopping and restaurants walking distance. Thank you to Miosha she is great, understands customer service.

• Stayed: September 2013
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are happy to hear that Miosha made a good impression on you! We hope you will come back and visit!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

So when we planned out first trip to L'Auberge, we really wanted to stay there, but it was a weekend and the prices were too high. We checked reviews and opted for SpringHill Suites. It was great. The next time we went to Lake Charles, we stayed at L'Auberge and regretted it. We will return to SpringHill for sure!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you back soon!