“Great service, strange design”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

First of all, the service was too notch. Can't ask for better people. My only comment is that the design is a little different. Not sure exactly hiw to describe it but I know I didn't like it. And my wife hated not having a tub.

• Stayed: January 2014
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was! Our number one goal is to make sure that the guest has a great experience. We are thrilled that you had the chance to experience our one of a kind customer service! SpringHill Suites does have a unique style and we appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you and your wife again!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We are on a one month road trip and needed a place to stay in Lake Charles, LA. What a pleasant surprise. We have stayed at many a Marriott in the past, but not the Springhill Suites. The front office manager Satarie was accommodating, pleasant and extremely helpful. In fact the whole staff was a pleasure. The breakfast in the morning was a welcome delight and was warm still at 9:15 before they close down at 9:30. Oh and the room was fantastic and the bed extremely comfortable. On our way back home, we are going to stop there again. Wonderful fine and we will look up other Springhill's in our travels.

Stayed: January 2014
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was! We are so thrilled to hear that you had the chance to experience our one of a kind service! We strive each and every day to make sure that our guests have a terrific stay! We can’t wait to see you again!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Very cool colours, and the design and decor is just the perfect combination of modern and minimalist yet homy with a zen touch. Very different from most hotels. I feel I was in my own condo loft style. Breakfast was great, I was able to make myself an egg and cheese croissant which I love and not many hotels offer croissants. I loved the variety of ingredient choices for the oatmeal.
First time in 60 hotels that I've been in the past 5 months that I see a separate semi bathroom from the shower, really cool. And I just loved the desk-office and living room area. really smart space use.
I liked that GM, Operations manager and Sales were waiting for my arrival on Sat. Thanks guys I know managers don't normally work on weekends. Thanks for the support to Running to the End of the World

Did I mention they have front load laundry machines?! very rare too.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jmkliur
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was! We are very happy that we could accommodate you on this amazing journey that you are traveling. We appreciate all the comments that you have made about our hotel. We wish you the best of luck on your journey for a great cause!

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Reserved last minute room with ease using Marriott App. The room was very nice with a sitting area, desk, mini fridge, coffee pot etc. Updated decor - but the best feature was the mattress - I have severe scoliosis and ALWAYS wake up hurting when we travel - the absolute best nights sleep I have ever had away from home!

Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank AMYAGGIE

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We are glad that we can provide a great night’s sleep for you! Hopefully we can make this your home away from home!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed here on a business trip. Seemed like a brand new hotel. Everything looked new. Nice design and very clean. The layout of the rooms is very nice. Very crisp, clean and modern. Nice features. I would certainly stay again if I need to be in the area again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Darryl D

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had the chance to experience the cleanliness of our rooms and hotel! We hope you get the chance to stay with us again!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

CB&I Lake Charles books meeting space at SpringHill Suites in Lake Charles quite often for overflow meetings and/or all day meetings and we have been very pleased. We are always provided with first class service from the moment we book our meeting space until our meetings end. My questions/requests are always met with a prompt and friendly response. I would recommend SpringHill Suites to anyone looking for outside meeting space.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Vanessa D
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We take pride in every function that we hold in our meeting space whether it is 2 people or 200 people. We strive to provide the same level of service to each group that books with us. We hope that you continue to utilize us, we enjoy having you here!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at this property for 6 nights recently while visiting family. I found my room comfortable and the staff friendly, but I preferred the breakfast served at La Quinta Lake Charles, where I stayed last year. I live overseas so when I'm in Lake Charles, I rely on my iPhone via wifi to monitor my email and access the internet. Unfortunately, the wifi network at the hotel would not stay connected to my iPhone for more than 2-3 minutes at a time. And when it disconnected, no matter how hard I tried, I usually couldn't get it to reconnect. The first staff member I asked said she was unaware of any issues. I stopped in at a cell phone store and they recommended I update my software. I tried it, but it didn't solve the issue.

I then asked another staff member who said that apple products generally don't work well with their wifi. And I asked one more person at the front desk and they said that their IT person was coming the next day to fix it. If I am looking to stay in Lake Charles in the future, I would only consider this property if I knew for sure that I wouldn't encounter the same problems with wifi.

I found it significantly quieter than LaQuinta but I did require earplugs during the night or else I would get awakened by the rushing water sound when my neighbor's toilet was flushed.

When I arrived, I read the materials in my room describing the hotel's amenities. One of them was supposed to be 24 hour coffee service in the lobby. I had a 5:33 am flight out of Lake Charles on check out day and was checking out of the hotel at approximately 3:30 am. Could have REALLY used that coffee but there was none. And it wasn't like they ran out. The coffee dispensers weren't out period. Yes, there was a coffee maker in my room but I never use those because there usually isn't a sufficient amount of cream and sugar. Besides, I was expecting coffee in the lobby so I didn't think to use the in-room coffee maker before I checked out.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Pugmama-san
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for choosing us for your six night stay in Lake Charles! We are glad you found the room comfortable and the staff friendly. Those are the core elements we provide each and every day. We are aware that some devices have trouble connecting to our internet. We have our IT personnel working on a solution to this issue. Coffee is an important staple to many people and we provide that in each guest room. Please stay with us again to see the improvements we have made with our internet service and we promise to make you some coffee!!