“Pleasant surprise”

Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Lake Charles
louisville, ky
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stopped here for a night while visiting our son, very comfy rooms, we liked the modern arrangement. The couches/pillows were comfy for Olympic viewing. The tables were set up for snack/drink holding. Desk staff was helpful. We especially liked the clean room & new set up, not looking like a standard hotel room.More along lines of a botique hotel. Divided bath was also a plus, would stay here again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the layout of our rooms! We hope that you will come back again soon and stay with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I was very pleased by the meeting space of this hotel, as well as the luxurious rooms. Not only that, but the staff was great, specifically the front desk and Ms. Mary Kate. We had to switch venues due to an issue at another hotel and their inability to accommodate us (at the last minute) and Springhill Suites stepped up, and saved the day. Simply excellent, and I highly recommend them for business, meeting space, or just generally if you are staying in Lake Charles.

Keith Courville

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was! We are over joyed to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that your meeting was a success! We pride ourselves on being the best at every aspect of our hotel. We hope that you will come back and have more meetings with us and stay again!
League City, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Don't expect a welcome by the front desk person when you walk into this hotel lobby. The person operating the front desk stays on the phone the entire time while you are getting checked in and while you are checking out. The room decor is very strange to say the least. The room is in a hallway design that reminded me of my fifth wheel RV. My wife complained about its lack of functionality. It took us much longer than usual trying to get ready for a funeral. The shower door leaked water onto the floor - another bad design. There were brown stains on the carpet and sofa. The beds were prepared nicely - about the only good thing I can say. I never received a receipt for my stay. When I tried to check out, the desk clerk, different person, was again on the phone. I never could get her attention to get me a receipt. So, I gave her my room cards and walked out since I had 8 minutes left to get to a funeral. Two days later, I discovered the same hotel double charged me for my room which I am still fighting. This is one of the worst hotel experiences I have had in a long time.

Room Tip: Marriott has a lot of work to do to improve this hotel to get it to an average rating. I was surpri...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martin H
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
We are very sorry that you did not have a good stay with us. Our number one goal is to make sure that every guest is treated the same. We apologize both desk associates were on the phone, they were helping other guests when you came to check in and check out. We want everyone to feel welcome so we will look into having an additional front desk employee during peak hours. We apologize that you did not like the layout of our rooms; they are designed to give business people and families extra room to move about. Thank you again for your feedback; it helps us continue to be the best lodging choice in Lake Charles.
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

After several stays in this hotel, I always find it to be a consistently pleasant experience. The rooms are especially clean and roomy, plus the staff is always friendly and helpful. From this hotel you can easily access all points of interest in the city. Nearby shopping, and restaurants are an added bonus. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable place to stay when traveling.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and an upper floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and are a returning guest to our property! We hope that you come back again and again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was in Lake Charles for the weekend and attended an event at the Springhill Suites Marriott. Everything, from decor to the service, was to my liking. The rooms are nice and clean. The entire staff aims to please, and the management is especially friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the Lake Charles area. This is a comfortable hotel in a great location with all the conveniences a traveler needs.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the event that we hosted in our meeting space! We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your visit was. Our number one goal is customer service and to make sure that you received excellent service throughout every aspect of the hotel. We hope that you will come and stay with us in the future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding. The lobby is an open, airy design. It's very nice and welcoming. There is a bar and breakfast area in the lobby, and a gym and pool around the corner. The rooms (two queen beds) are a nice size and comfortable. Everything is clean and the service is great. The location of this hotel is ideal, near a lot of restaurants in Lake Charles, as well as a Target and shopping mall. I will definitely stay again if I am in the area!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay went! We are so ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed our many amenities and our local attractions! We hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area!
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

My husband and I stay at this Marriott property several times a year. We love the open, airy lobby -it's a beautiful introduction to one of the cleanest, friendliest hotels we have ever stayed in. The staff is friendly and accommodating to any of our needs, extra towels always are in our room, and the rooms are always clean. This Springhill Suites is one of our favorites in the Marriott family. An added plus is the nearby restaurants. They include fast food, Italian, a steakhouse, O'Charley's and many more. There is also nearby shopping with a mall, a couple of shopping centers, and a casino if you like gambling. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a quieter room on the south side. It faces the front of the hotel...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for taking time to let us know how your stay was! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and that you had the chance to get out and explore our local attractions! We thank you for being a loyal customer to Marriott and our hotel! We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon!