“"RUDE" Rebecca stricks again!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Lake Charles
Del Rio, Texas
“"RUDE" Rebecca stricks again!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

Upon arrival at Lake Charles, we proceeded to the Holiday Inn Express where we were met by a very nice young lady, who reviewed our reservation papers, as you had made reservations through the Holiday Inn web site. The young lady told us that our room were not ready, but would be by 2:30-3:30 pm, so we decided to grab lunch and return at that time.
When we returned the young lady was gone and had been replaced by a elder lady by the name of "Rebecca". We had to wait because there was another couple in front of us, and the lady named "Rebecca" was nice to the couple by answering Yes Sir, No sir. When it came our turn, her attitude changed 180 degrees. Why ?? All we said was Good Afternoon and showed her our reservations.
She proceeded to tell us that she would not be able to honor what was priced over the phone, when we made the reservations. When we started to question her, she yelled at us and told us that the people that made the reservation for us did not know what they were doing, and that she was in charge, and if we did not like the price she was coming up with we should leave. Upon further questioning on her pricing by us she flat out yelled at us, again, and told us to leave.
We have used Holiday Inn Express web site before and the price given to us is always honored what out question.
I do not know what "Rebecca" problem was, but I feel that because we were Hispanics all of this occured. Why treat someone like they own the place, and in less than two minutes treat us like d
After being told to leave we spent the next three hours looking for a room on Memorial Holiday week-end; we finally had to travel 60 miles to find a room for 20% higher than we had expected, and only for one night. Sunday morning, back to see if we could find a room.
By "Rebecca's " actions our week-end was shot. I will never stay here again and if I could warn others that as long as "Rebecca" is working here, you might as well look for anyother place to stay. The attitude displayed by "Rebecca" the Holiday Inn Express would be better served by having her clean the parking lot, or in some back room that does not deals with the general public.
BOTTOM LINE, IF YOU ARE HISPANIC, AND THE PERSON BY THE NAME OF "REBECCA" IS AT THE FRONT DESK, YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST LEAVE, BEFORE SHE RUNS YOU OUT.

Room Tip: Unable to rate as I never got passed the front desk. Do Not Stay Here
Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Fernan12234
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
Dear Fernan12234,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

First of all, getting luggage into the motel takes two people: one to hold the two sets of manual doors, and the other to negotiate the luggage cart through the narrow openings. Secondly, the desk clerk's greeting was quite mediocre. She barely spoke beyond asking the necessary check-in questions and, as Priority Club members, we were not offered the gift bags containing water and snack. In addition, the rooms were overly cluttered with furniture and appliances in trying to keep up with the newer Holiday Inns. Lastly, this motel was the most expensive and offered a most sleepless night - very noisy with floor-wide parties and socializing. Not a place for the tired traveler.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Gasunflower
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, 14 July 2012
Dear Gasunflower,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and taking time to leave us a review. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the staff may have caused. We will follow up with the hotel to ensure similar incidents won't happen again in the future.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource of improving guest services.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Lake Charles hotels

Alamo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

We are travelling across the country and have found Holiday Inn Express hotels to be an acceptable choice. The room we had at this 9 year old hotel had obviously been redone recently. Room was very clean, hotel had laundry facilities, and the front desk staff was very cordial. The cleaning ladies even offered to help us unload our van!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Lgrif
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

We just checked in. Normally, I do not leave views, however, I felt compelled to do so this time. The hotel is under construction which is fine and a normal part of business. However, the associate, "Rebecca," working at the front desk was extremely rude to my father when he did not hear her and did not understand that it was under construction. He asked for an accommodation for my mother who has a disability. He requested that she be on the first floor. She used a very angry tone when and told him that they were under construction and could not do that. He then asked if he could be near the elevator. She was continually rude to him and used a very demeaning tone. She told him that he could not read because it was under construction. The sign read "Men with toolbelts" or some other unclear statement. It was not very clear that it was under construction. Even so, she needs a lesson in patience and understanding and should not have been rude to my father especially when he was asking for accommodations for my mother. It saddens me that to this day that there are people ignorant and rude and continually treat people with disabilities in such a fashion. I hope that the manager and owner provides training at this location or at most fires this inconsiderate person.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
12 Thank Thisisme M
holidayinnexpresslak, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Holiday inn, Lake Charles!

Thanks for your stay and the review.

We shall definitely check and take action on your remark.

We won’t justify, but shall investigate on this and take necessary actions.

The concerned hotel staff, Rebecca has been taken to task.

Guest reviews always help us to improve.

You are always welcome to stay with us and we will offer you the best hospitality.

Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

Showed up there late as we were driving. When we tried to check in found out that according the "Louisiana State Law" no room can be rented to anyone under 21. I was travelling with some kids and cannot be in the same room as them for obvious reasons.

Funny that in all my stays in Louisiana, this has never happened. So on the next two nights, asked hotel staff and GM's and they never heard of such a law.

Terrible staff, very rude and was surprised. This year, will book over 100 hotel nights and thought of using Holiday Inn's, but have since changed my mind and will stay with Hilton's and Marriott's where customer service is top notch.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank K T
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the stay at the Holiday Inn and writing the review with observations.

We apologize for whatever may have happened howsoever.

Please note that we have investigated the unfortunate trouble you had, but have taken remedial steps to see that it never happens again to any of our guests.

Once again we are sorry for the same and please do rethink and visit us.

We will see that you get a nice experience.

Sacramento, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

Hotel GM is very rude and money hungry. He could care less about guest satifaction and only about the money. I WILL NEVER use this hotel again. Overcharged and refused to correct. Had to call guest assistance to get the money back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Ariktravel
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Express during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate you for the review and regret the experience regarding the inconsiderate behavior of the hotel staff.

We have taken the concerned person to task, but at the same time have engaged a professional training team to educate the hotel staff.

We request you to make a note of our efforts and consider staying with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was coming to Lake Charles for a reunion, so needed to stay several days. The reservation was made in August by calling the hotel itself instead of the 800 number because I needed to know where it was located in relation to where the reunion was being held. I even had a confirmation number. When I called in early Oct. to confirm my reservation, they didn't have a record of it. I was upset. They told me to call the 800 number and they would probably have my record. I did and they had it. I have no idea why the actual location I had reserved the room at did not have my reservation, but they assured me I would have a room. Whew!

On our way to Lake Charles at the end of Oct. our plans changed and we needed to arrive a day early. I called early in the day to make the early reservation, but when we arrived, again, no record of my calling earlier in the day!! Fortunately, they did have a room, and all ended well.

The hotel is in a kind of run-down part of town, just off Interstate 10. There is a fence around the hotel and the doors are locked in the evening and only guests with key cards can enter. The hotel itself is very nice looking, pretty, and clean. Small things such as a crazy microwave that kept beeping even though turned off, the coffee pot set on the opposite side of the sink from the plug, were not signifigant problems. The bed was very comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast includes pancakes you make on a machine, cereal, breakfast breads, sausage, omlets, fruit, yogurt, juices, other beverages, and of course, their "signature" cinnamon rolls. One thing that was lacking some was that they didn't seem to be able to keep fresh coffee made all day. When we let them know there was no coffee, they made it immediatly.

The staff, from the front desk, to the maids were all very helpful, pleasant and effecient. All in all, our 4 night stay was very pleasant and comfortable.

I would definitely stay there again when visiting Lake Charles.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple