“Excellent service!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I just want to say that Mike and the rest of the folks at the Holiday Inn Express on MLK, Jr. Hwy in Lake Charles go out of their way to make your stay flawless! I have lodged crews there several times recently for extended projects, and couldn't ask for better service. We will definitely continue to use their services in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Mike D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank you so much for acknowledging the efforts of our staff. They work very hard each day and a compliment from a guest is like ten from a manager. We hope you continue to have great stays with us and allow us to provide the level of service to which you have become accustomed. Thank you again for choosing us and have a great rest of your summer.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Hotel is just ok. Probably needs a updating of the rooms. Staff was ok, not overly friendly. Breakfast was the usual holiday inn express spread. I am elite status, staff did not seem to recognize it. Would not upgrade me.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear temple1120,

Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am glad you found our staff commendable. I am sorry to hear you did not receive the full IHG Rewards Club recognition that you should be entitled to and apologize that the breakfast was less than satisfactory. I have passed this feedback on to our team and have implemented new procedures to ensure this does not occur in the future.

We hope that you will consider giving us another chance in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 April 2013

OK, here’s the deal, when I’ve been driving all day I do not want a hassle when I get to my hotel. I want friendly people who will give me the information I need to have a comfortable stay. You may think me old fashioned but I’m paying and I think that’s all that should be required of me. The people at Lake Charles were nice, not as nice as the people in Mobile but way better than the people in Beaumont. I’m thinking that Holiday Inn needs some standardization in their training program.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Cleanliness is the single most important detail of any place that I stay. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles on Martin Luther King Highway is tops for cleanliness, starting at the front desk.
Add a knowledgeable, courteous and friendly staff.
This motel is "three for three" in the past year. They set the standard.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a good location to access the 10E bypass which can get you anywhere in the city within 10 minutes however depends on which way you coming its hard to get to the hotel without making a UTURN. The experience staying was nice only issue I had was the day time change the breakfast bar was shut down and many customers were hungry. I seen at least a dozen people come down to eat and couldn't however that was my own fault and we went to the Laburge casino to eat.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank highenuff77
holidayinnexpresslak, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our location. With a freeway location, u-turns are often inevitable, but most guests don’t find that too inconvenient. I’m sorry that there was some confusion about the breakfast hours with the time change. For any ways we contributed to this, I sincerely apologize. I hope we can have the pleasure of having you with us again soon.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

I booked this room online and didn't read any reviews before booking so I didn't know what to expect. Wow!! I loved everything about this hotel... Except that our jets in the spa tub didn't work but because everything else that was perfect I didn't complain. This is a very clean peaceful and friendly hotel everyone on the staff was very nice and helpful they all went above and beyond to ensure that my husband and I were comfortable. We woke up late on check out day and it caused us to checkout 30 mins late and they didn't seem to mind. So relaxing;0)))

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Prejean79
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed here on our way to New Orleans and were amazed. The interior of the facility is lovely; the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful; and the beds were some of the most comfortable we have ever experienced in a hotel of any price. A little tricky to get in & out & around town, but staff gave helpful advice.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple