“Outstanding Customer Service!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Greeted upon arrival by the lovely Charmaine, in one of the nicest lobbies I've ever seen in a Holiday Inn! The room was fine, clean by Louisiana standards (a little mildew in the shower, but it's the South). But the staff! Obviously a good place to work, since everyone is so friendly and helpful!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I don't think that I would stay here for too long of a period of time, but it worked for a quick stop over. The AC was a bit loud, and the breakfast was probably a bit subpar compared to other HIEX locations, but not terrible. Not a bunch to do around the hotel - but we did find a nice ice cream stand.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This evening I called to inquire about location and the parking lot considering I will be traveling with a moving truck pulling a vehicle. Particularly, I wanted to know if the parking could be accommodated with such a large vehicle. Additionally, I wanted to know about the property's exact location to ensure that we won't have to take too many turns. However, the front desk was completely rude and UNPROFESSIONAL. She had the audacity to say that I need to work on clearing up my questions. I have a doctorate degree and speak publicly for a living. However, my degree is irrelevant as EVERYONE deserves to be treated with respect and dignity. When I told her about her lack of professionalism and that I would be reporting the incident to management, she advised that she was not going to give her name. Management, please be advised that the front desk employee working on the evening, specifically at 9:18pm, on Monday, June 9, 2014 was a negative reflection of IHG. She lost a potential guest, and I will be sharing this experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank VAgirl83
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Suntrease W,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry if the level of customer service received from our front desk did not suit your standards. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I'd stay here again, but not necessarily search it out. Fitness rooms are important to me, and this one was small, with no weights. There is room for a weight stand. Water in the cooler was really warm. I liked the front lobby with the beautiful stairway. I like when stairs are carpeted so you feel more welcomed using them instead of the elevator.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear hijeanie,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. We have taken note of your comments regarding the fitness center and the stairway. These will be shared with our management team for review.

Once again, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer.

Joel B

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Title says it all. Up to brand standards. What sets this one apart is great service, friendly staff and the best chandelier I've ever seen in a HIE . It is an older hotel but they are taking good care of it. I always stay here when I'm in town.

Room Tip: High floor facing away from the road. Although the road noise is not that bad.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank UnitedMillionMiler
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I chose Holiday Inn Express for our Valentine's Day getaway! Let me start by saying 1st impressions mean everything! When you enter the lobby you can tell immediately they take pride in not only cleanliness but great guest service! I was greeted by a pleasant scent, nice clean presentable lobby, and a warm smile from Corey who welcomed me as soon as I entered. I had reserved the Honeymoon suite, Mike was courteous enough to walk down the hall to verify our rooms readiness. Both Mike and Corey were very engaging, knowledgeable, professional and courteous! The room was excellent!!! My profession is in Hospitality Management with an emphasis on Housekeeping/Laundry at a local Casino/Resort therfore I thoroughly inspected the room and linens. Very clean and comfortable. I WOULD DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I ended up getting this property via Hotwire. I'll first note that there are three different Holiday Inn Express locations in the Lake Charles/Sulphur area, so make sure you've got the right one if you're staying here. Overall, I was a little underwhelmed. As others have pointed out, this location is in the not-so-nice part of Lake Charles, plus the property is an older one. It appears to have been renovated fairly recently, but nonetheless the lobby area in particular is nowhere near as nice as the Holiday Inn's Lake Charles South location. Also, this location has an unusually gaudy chandelier in its lobby, and unlike the South location it has an outdoor pool which isn't of much use this time of year (plus it faces the parking lot and very busy roadway - not exactly the kind of place one would want to go to relax).

The rooms are fine, albeit nothing special. I requested a room on the back side to get away from road noise, but the "view" was frankly a little unsettling: it faces what appear to be two abandoned houses, and little else (except for a quite-tall iron security fence - on the one hand it helps one feel secure, but OTOH it makes you wonder why there's the need for such security in the first place). The bed wasn't terrible, but nowhere near as comfortable as those found at many of Holiday Inn's comparatively priced competitors. Also, I have to give a definite demerit for there being no coffee in the room - to clarify, there was a coffee *maker*, but the cleaning staff had forgotten to replace the coffee itself when cleaning the room.

On the plus side, the staff was uniformly friendly, and aside from the missing coffee, the room was quite clean. Still, for $110/night I expect a little better. I consider this location to be on par with the local Red Roof Inn, which is $40 cheaper per night. (And if you're looking for the best accommodations in town, L'Auberge remains the clear winner, with the SpringHill Suites a close second.)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeff K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear kirker,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the area surrounding the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J