“Exceptional for the price”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Lake Charles
Dallas
“Exceptional for the price”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We only stayed one night, and found the hotel clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful, making the stay more enjoyable. Everything worked in the room, and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding!! We would stay here again next time through Lake Charles. Location makes it easy to find.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank retired42
David R, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay. Our goal is to make sure all expectations are met and that every guest is satisfied. Your comments are very important. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Porter, Texas
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Checked in late yesterday night and was upgraded to a larger room, which was greatly appreciated with a infant in a playpen in tow. The lobby and exterior was nice and seems to have been updated but the rooms could use a revamp. They were clean though. The hotel was quiet in the evening for the most part and had a indoor pool that we enjoyed, the spa was not working that evening though so check first if that is something you are really wanting. Breakfast had something for everyone which was nice but a booster/higchair is something we have found in many other hotels with breakfast areas that I know we and other parents with young children would greatly appreciate. Service by all employees was very nice and polite , A+. Overall comfortable and nice enough for a one nighter passing through.

Room Tip: Continue down "Ryan St." to find food! :-)
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank willsbeachmom
David R, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your comments are very important. We are happy your stay was pleasant. We take pride in our customer service and are thrilled our employees were A+. I do aplogize for the Hot tub in the pool area being closed but we have made a decision and are in the process of closing the hot tub permanately. We are happy you were able to enjoy the indoor heated pool.
Again, thank you for choosing America's Best Suites. We hope to see you again.
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I spent a month at this hotel to be with nearby family. We were given a terrific rate and had a very large 2 room apartment on the third floor overlooking the lake.The hotel is slightly worn,but very clean. It has a wonderful friendly staff,great breakfasts [I have never had such wonderful scrambled eggs anywhere!] and 3 nights of cocktail hours. It is walkable to the boardwalk on the lake,plus nice stores and good restaurants in the emerging downtown. This our first choice over the newer hotel near the gambling casino.

Room Tip: the lake side can have traffic noise,but the view on the upper floors is worth it
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank barbara h
David R, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for you comments. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel quite often when I was in Lake Charles for business. Everything was fine until the clerk "Cashmere" handed me my key. When I got to my room, there was already someone in the room---and obviously friends of hers judging by the way they spoke with one another. I was put into another room. While I was passing through the lobby, I heard this same clerk saying such horrible things to her coworker--and threatening him with bodily harm. Very unprofessional and disturbing. As I was returning from a meeting another day, I happened to glance behind the counter as I walked past it, and she was slipping two huge knives into a drawer at the desk!!!! WTH??? She is obviously unbalanced. I no longer feel safe in this hotel with this woman working there, and I will be bringing my business elsewhere until she is terminated.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
David R, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Jennifer
First of all, I want to apologize for the desk rep giving you a key to an occupied room. That's unacceptable and I will follow up on this error. If you would call or email me the room number you stayed in I can follow up on what happened. I tried your name indicated on the comment you sent but I cannot locate you as a registered guest. Any help will be appreciated so that I can get to the bottom of this. Your business is very important and we would like to have you come back.
Again, please contact me.

Travellers are raving about these Lake Charles hotels

Lake City, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2012

frist night wrong room second room never cleaned third room back to wrong room its all they had even though i had reves. next day alady checks out iam able to get room i reseverd . first thing tolit unbolted from floor they never fixed third day ceiling fan catches fire no response from management. fifth day checkout managment would not come out of office and talk to me desk clerk said will give him message. they dont care if you come back they got you the first time around . nothing from management no iam sorry no discount nothing poor very poor

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RUSSELL G
generalmanager5966, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
I personally apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. One poor experience is too many for us. We continue to listen to guests and are doing everything possible to ensure we deliver the services our guests expect. We value your patronage and appreciate your business. I am very sorry your expectaions were not met. We would like the opportunity to earn your business back by providing you with a complimentry night stay should you ever make it back to Lake Charles. Again, I apologize and hope you will give us another chance to show why we are America's BEST Suites.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed two nights here and it was just ok. They had unplugged the refrigerator and the melting ice must have flooded the floor because it was damp and smelled musty. The room was pretty old but clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They had a Friday night managers welcome with free appetizers, pulled pork sandwiches and two free beers. We went for Contraband Days festival which was right across the street. You are also walking distance from the historic downtown. As stated before, OK hotel, but for $90 a night, expected more.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
generalmanager5966, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
We just wanted to say thank you for your comments and also apologize for the refrigerator issue you had during your stay. I have followed up with my staff to prevent that from happening again. We appreciate the time out of your busy schedule to comment on your stay with America's Best Suites. We want every guest to have a "great" stay and not just an "OK" stay. We hope you will stay with us again soon. Again, THANKYOU.