“desperate need of renovation”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel is located across from the lake. It is also conveniently located near the convention center. That's the best thing I'll say about it. As you walk in it's extremely dusty and outdated. My room had large water stains throughout the ceiling and the ac unit made loud noises and had lots of debris and dust around it. The bathroom could barely fit one average person. The cocktail hour, though a nice gesture was cheap wine and flat tap beer. It did not make up for the badly needed overhaul. The outside of the hotel is very deceiving. The only good thing I could say is that the bed was clean and towels smelled fresh. Because of the location I think they should invest money into renovating this hotel. The value was only worth it because I used a coupon from orbitz. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya J
David R, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

I do apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations. I have brought the renovations you noted to the attention of the owners and I have followed up with our cleaning staff and maintenance staff concerning the cleanliness and maintenance issues you experienced. We do take these issues seriously and want every guest to have a pleasant experience. Again, thank you for letting us know so that we can make sure this issues get resolved.

Have a great day!

Dave Rothschild
GM

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My wife and I stayed there for one night on our way to Nachez MS. The hotel was fine it did need some remodeling and new carpet. However, the staff were great and actually saved us some us some money. We actually burned a towel(my wife tried to heat a towel in the microwave epic fail!) When informed the staff the manager( David) said "don't worry about it" I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have followed up with the owners concerning the remodeling and carpet. We want you to be happy. Thanks for giving us the opportunity tom provide your one night accommodation. We hope that if you are ever back this way that you will stay with us again.

Dave Rothschild
GM

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed at the hotel last week and upon arriving home realized that I had left several items at the hotel, which is several hours away. My wife called the manager, David, who was very nice and assured us that he would ship the items. The items arrived today at no charge to us. This is excellent, and unusual, service and I very much appreciate it. My stay at the hotel was pleasant, the location is good, the breakfast was generous and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We do know that guest frequently leave items in their rooms and how important it is to get them back to our guests. There are many hotels that you could have chosen and we take pride in the fact that you chose Americas Best Suites. Your business is important to us. Again, thanks for the comments and we hope to see you again.

Sincerely

Dave Rothschild GM

Reviewed 1 April 2014

On walking into reception at first all seemed ok, but their were what looked like hookers sitting in reception, guy behind the counter was pleasant enough and let me see the room before checking in. On entering the hallway to the rooms there was a dreadful smell, in fact it was stinking! I was then meet by a large guy who just starred at me as I walked down the hall and didn't step aside when I was passing him. Once in the room it was very rough, walls were dirty, carpet completely worn, bathroom clean enough but the place would need to be disinfected before I would stay in it and I ain't fussy!! On the way back to reception I was again meet by the previous guy and by someone who was clearly a junkie who asked if I had a smoke....Needless to say I returned to reception and told them I wasn't interested

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amcd_IRL

We apologize for the for your first impression of our hotel. I was not aware of these suspicious people hanging around. If it would have been brought to our attention we could have resolved that issue immediately. We work very hard in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere at all times. The last thing we want is for any potential business to be concerned about our clientele staying at our hotel. I do appreciate all your comments and have followed up with these issues. I do hope you decide to give us another chance.

Dave Rothschild GM

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay for the price. Rooms were great, surprised we had a kitchenette, worked out great. I would definitely stay here again. My only complaint was the desk clerk's attitude when we got there. He did not greet us and I felt like I was bothering him, he was rude, didn't speak to us and I could tell the girl next to him behind the desk was embarrassed by his attitude, she was very nice. He worked the evening of 3/14/14, was tall, skinny with reddish hair. He would not be working for me in that position, people are excited to get to their hotel and he was a real let down. Otherwise, had a great time, thank you!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ToniJ1226YE
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I spent two nights for Christmas at this hotel and had a very comfortable experience. Professional service, tasty full breakfast, indoor heated pool, and comfortable beds; what else could you ask for? I will definitely stay at this hotel on my next visit to Lake Charles.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
David R, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Just wanted to thank you again for your comments concerning your stay with Americas Best Suites. We are pleased that you can back again and had another great experience. We are committed 100% in providing a great experience for our guests. We hope you will recommend our hotel to your friends and colleagues should they ever be in Lake Charles. We hope to see you again. Happy New Year!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Everytime I stay at this motel, I have a pleasent experience. The management and staff are top rate.The included full hot breakfast, indoor pool, and workout room are nice touches.I give this inn located in Lake Charles, Louisiana my highest recommendation.

Room Tip: The rooms that face west offer excellent views of Lake Charles.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay with us. We are extremely happy that your stay was pleasant. We hope to see you again in the near future.