“I asked for a refund and left”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Out of 20 stays at Motel6, this is the 2nd time i am disgusted by a motel. They day they are under removations but the room i got was in bad condition. And the bed was not done and bed sheets were on the floor??? I read this happened to another person in another review. Asked for another room and i could not turn off theain light in the room??? Asked for a refund and left.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank marc_sourire
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

After reading some of the comments I wonder if we are in the same hotel. There were no prostitutes. No rude clerks. In fact room was clean and decent. No trouble (I did have a terrible cold and enjoyed the quiet to recover for a couple of days. )

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank sasafrassbuttercup
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The very helpful and friendly staff made up for the inconveniences caused by a motel in mid-renovation. No restaurants in walking distance is a bit of a negative, but there are plenty a short drive down The road.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night and had a room with 2 beds for 3 adults. Upon arriving, the lady at the counter already knew who I was & had the paperwork ready. I had never stayed there but when I booked online, I informed them that we would be arriving late. I was impressed. The room was ok. There was hair left in the tub from the previous guests. It was quiet and close to Isle of Capri Casino. I would stay again for an overnight stay because of the price.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Well I needed a cheap motel for the night after driving in from the New Orleans area.... Didn't expect much after reading the reviews but took a chance. The room wasn't too bad actually . A few complaints i have are very poor water pressure, Both ice machines in the lobby were out . One was broken ,the other was empty....Awakened at 2am by loud hotel guests outside my room.... The location was not very good, Not the best part of town.... I only paid $30 a night so i really can't complain i guess.... One positive is checkout is at noon. Most places are earlier.... Theres a new Holiday Inn a block down the street which looked like the Taj Mahal compared to this place but probably 3 or 4 times what i paid to stay here... Probably wouldn't go back ....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2012

The first room they gave me hadn't been cleaned, still had the trash in it, a flooded bathroom floor, and someone's cell phone.
The second was bad even for Motel 6. But at least it had been cleaned. Really cheap furniture with the outer layer covering the pressed paper/particle board peeling off. Unbalanced chair. Slow/clogged drain in the shower.
At least the staff was decent and civil in dealing with me, Either genuinely nice, or so used to how bad the place was that they'd learned how to deal effectively with people.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Andy T
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This was the WORSE experience of our two-way trip from Texas to Florida! This is only directed at the Motel 6 off Opelousas Street at Exit 32 off I-10. After a long day on the road we stopped there one night in July. It looked kinda creepy to begin with, but when I walked in the lobby and the clerk (?), who looked like she was angry at the entire world, started to check me in, my husband came running in from the parking lot, summoning me. Because this is not like him at all I followed him outside and the clerk kept yelling, "DO YOU WANT THE ROOM OR NOT???" in a voice that could easily be heard by the other 5 people waiting in the lobby. My husband told me he wanted to leave, that he had just been STRONGLY propositioned by a prostitute in the parking lot, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE OFFICE. Long story short, the clerk came out to me yelling and screaming, calling me foul names and telling my husband to get his "Punk A__ BI___ wife out of there or she was calling the police. Because she said nothing about the prostitute I complained to her about, I think maybe this is a regular practice at this hotel.

She's no longer there, from what I understand, but we had horrible experiences at both Motel 6's we stopped at in Louisiana. My request to Mr. Tom Burdette who promises to keep the light on for me? "TURN IT RED OR TURN IT OFF!)

Drive to Beaumont Texas and stay at the same-priced Red Roof Inn. They're pet friendly and the people at this beautifully appointed hotel are professional and friendly.

Room Tip: Keep on Driving down I-10!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple