“Other Sleep Inns have been great - this one is NOT”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We looked online for hotel rates and went with Sleep Inn because of the price -- $52.00. We needed two rooms because our two daughters were with us. I called and ask about "adjoining rooms" and was told, they couldn't guarantee adjoining rooms, but they would do what they can. I then asked about the rate - they told me $78.00. I responded that the online price was $52.00, and they said they would match it.
Once we got there, I asked again about adjoining rooms. The desk clerk said he wouldn't know until he entered the information for the first room - so we gave him our credit card, he scanned it and started making keys. Then he said that he couldn't do adjoining, but he would get us as close together as possible. He then booked the room across the hall.
The rooms smelled like smoke and the comforter in our room had at least 4 burn holes in it. The walls were very thin and we could hear our next door neighbor's television until well after midnight. Also the heater was VERY noisy and (because it was 34 degrees outside) came on every 5 minutes.
The next morning - I asked the morning desk clerk about adjoining rooms - he said that they didn't have adjoining rooms at all. So we were LIED to on the phone and again in person. This "hotel" is a dump and I wouldn't stay there again if the rooms were free.

Room Tip: To choose a good room - choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Steve W

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I normally dont write a review this bad, but this is for the people that read these reviews and do not check in ...
1 - First room, air conditioner did not work
6 - Internet terrible, has choice 1, 2, & 3 - but good luck
7 - air condition button stripped out in room - had to turn it off
8 - Microwave does not work
9 - Remember the old zenith 25 inch tvs, this is still here
10 - Ladies checking in were nice, but not their fault. I am sure they hear this from everyone
11 - I will not be able to tell you about breakfast, because I am afraid to eat it.

Room Tip: I would stay anywhere but here
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank mojoVillaRicaGa
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband and I stayed there only one night . I will never stay there again! The room was nasty, stinky, dirty.. The chair that was in the room had stains on the seat. Did they think I was going to sit in it... ? WRONG!!! The shower was not as clean as it should have been it had a ring around it like it hadn't been cleaned.
The next morning we woke up and looked out the window we saw a rat in the pool. My husband went down to tell them and no one went to get it out. A little later we looked out the window and it was still floating around in the pool. He then called down there and told them they could catch it if they went out to the pool now. A woman finely went and got it out... Yuck I will never stay there again!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Debra S
Reviewed 6 July 2013

the rooms had an odor of urine. carpet in rooms and hallway was very dirty and odor real bad . We were down for the week for the World Series with a group of 10 ballplayers boys and parents and grandparents.Every room we had rented something was wrong if not rats running around then it was bugs .Be aware if you rent in a large group noise is a big concern of theirs rather than good housekeeping. The walls are thin doors slams really hard

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tlbarr
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I had never stayed at a sleep Inn before and this one did not encourage me to do so again. It was like no one cared about this place-maintenance was poor and staff not attentive. On the plus side, it has a good location-close to Interstate and restaurants (one is within walking distance and gives guests of the hotel 10% off). The day I was there the main entrance door only worked on the left side, in my room the full length mirror was badly cracked, temperture in common areas was warm (thermometer at breakfast showed 76 degrees), bedspread had been poorly mended, and the food at breakfast was lukewarm-both the eggs and the juice. Front desk staff did the minimum and did not look for ways to make your stay more comfortable. Overall I just felt this place was neglected.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Joan W
Reviewed 1 March 2013

This hotel wasn't fancy but had a nice, comfortable bed wtih a flat-screen TV. I normally stay there every time I am in Lake Charles. There are a few restaurants and a Wal-Mart nearby and it's right off the interstate.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Guest room carpet is filthy! A little cleaning would go a long way if they don't want to replace it! The bed spreads are probably as old as the hotel. Mine had a tear at one time and had a patch sewn on over the top of it. When going to take a shower in the morning, there was a roach in the shower! This property should be called "Sleep Inn Your Car"!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business