“We would stay there again, just bring the Fabreeze.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I am from Lake Charles, recently moved to Lafayette. My husband and I were in town for a McNeese Football Game. There are much better hotels in Lake Charles, but in search for a hotel we were looking for safe (in our opinion) and cheap. We had only stayed in one hotel in Lake Charles before and wanted to say there this time but it was booked.

The Sleep Inn was ok. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were clean and smelled nice. The towels were so soft and also smelled nice. The bathroom was clean, although there was no plastic shower curtain, only the decorative cloth. I'm sure tho if we had informed the front desk of this they would have promptly solved the problem, the people there were very nice and professional. The free wifi was super fast. The only problem with the hotel was the smell which I concluded was coming from the carpet. The carpet was nasty, I kept my flip-flops on the whole time. We did however solve the problem with a very quick trip to Wal-Mart where we picked up a bottle of fabreeze and sprayed the room down.

This hotel is in a great location, right off the I-210 loop near where it meets I-10. Within very short walking distance there is a Wal-Mart, Old Navy, Taco Bell, Wendys, Chuch-e-Cheese, Logan's Steakhouse, Outback, Johnny Carios and an excellent Japanese Hibachi Restaurant called FUJI (my favorite restaurant in Lake Charles). A few other close places that you may want to drive to (cause it's accross the interstate) include: Chili's, IHOP, Hobby Lobby, Arbby's, Subway, and a local dinner called PG's.

My husband and I concluded that we would stay there again, just bring the Fabreeze.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ipraiseone

Reviewed 21 August 2010

This place sucks. The receptionist needs to buy a personality. Nonchalant/disconcerned atitude. Black beattle throughout the room. Woke up and had to knock them off the bed with my son. Bite marks cover body, believed to be from bedbugs. It doen't look like a dump from the outside,but far as service and accomodations, it is. Stay away.

Reviewed 9 July 2010

Smelled dirty, no light in bathroom, no stopper in sink, box srpings filthy, milk soured at breakfast, my computer got a virus! Would not recommend to anyone, anytime!!! Desk help seemd unconcerned about our patronage!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Our experience at this hotel was nothing but pleasurable. Staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable. The bath towels were so soft. Though a little off the beaten path, will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2009

there were bedbug in the room 125 .they move us to another room ,bugs in that room121 .and also the manger allow pet in the hotel . I told someone and I was told that the manger said that it was okay .

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank goodplace54
Reviewed 21 December 2008

Wouldn't stay here otherwise. Hallways and rooms on 2nd and 3rd floor absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke.

Staff was helpful, property is in a good (though congested) location and they did have a decent continental breakfast.

Hotel is definitely a bit worn.

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank luv2travl74
Reviewed 23 September 2008

Just lost my reservation....forced to go to the other side of town..past stay clients could not reach me on the phone..NEVER again will I ever stay here..will sleep in the street first ! Besides the place is a dump !

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jhb601