“Won't be around long”

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles
Ranked #10 of 38 things to do in Lake Charles
More attraction details
Owner description: Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles is your friendly Westlake gaming destination. We offer more than 1,000 slot machines and 40 table games including roulette, craps, blackjack, and poker. Extend your stay as a guest in our hotel. We feature two hotel towers providing upscale and comfortable accommodations. The action includes exciting promotions, delicious dining options, and headliner performances. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Houston, TX
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Won't be around long”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Can you say deserted? Don't know if it is because we were there during the week, or what? Dirty, smoky, rundown, outdated. Glad I did not book a room here. I don't think those tour buses even stop here. Most of the people were locals, I think.

Visited November 2011

Sulphur, Louisiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“mom & pop casino”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

two different boats to choose from. needs better air circulation, as it smells of smoke. the dealers and cocktails were very friendly and helpful. I won lots of money!

Visited December 2011
Shaw, Mississippi, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice”
Reviewed 15 December 2011

This place was a pick me upper on Thankgiving day I was away from family and feeling down couldn't find a good place to eat once I found this place i felt a little better.

Visited December 2011
Fayetteville, North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun Evening”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We are not gamblers, but if you are, this is the place to go! There are 2 boats, each having 3 floors, attached to the casino dock. There are lots of slot machines, dealers, and whatever kind of games you like.

We actually went to listen, and dance to Zydeco music. It was lots of fun. The casino is very pretty. Lots of lights, pretty decor, etc.

Visited October 2011
Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Don't go there to play poker!”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I went to play the Fall Classic Main Event. I expected 100 players. There weren't even 5o! barely 40! It was a very dirty place. The players were VERY bad, but unfortunately very lucky. They seem to attract a very low class crowd. The breaks were every couple of hours and they did NOT have food service...only hotdogs, which were worse tasting than convenience store hotdogs. I got the wonderful fortune of being seated between two of their regulars who were loud, flirted with the dealers the entire time and had to be told to post EVERY time they were on the blinds or for antes. I got the feel they were hoping the dealer would skip them (maybe on purpose). The dealers seemed to like flirting back with them. It was definitely NOT like Coushatta. I'll never go back to Isle of Capri.

Visited October 2011