“A little worn but great staff and I won!”

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles
Ranked #10 of 38 things to do in Lake Charles
More attraction details
Owner description: Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles is your friendly Westlake gaming destination. We offer more than 1,000 slot machines and 40 table games including roulette, craps, blackjack, and poker. Extend your stay as a guest in our hotel. We feature two hotel towers providing upscale and comfortable accommodations. The action includes exciting promotions, delicious dining options, and headliner performances. We look forward to seeing you soon!
League City, Texas
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“A little worn but great staff and I won!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We left the large casino across the lake and went to aisle of Capri after I read reviews that it was more fun. I wholeheartedly agree! The casino is a little tired (carpet), the machines are kinda close together, the floor on third level is a little weak as a soft spot behind me had my chair moving with each person walking behind me. But the casino has three levels, the street level is gaming tables and $1 slots, upstairs is all penny slots and downstairs is quarter slots, etc. I won over $140 which paid my all of my play, my niece and my daughter and bought us dinner! I came home with the same amount I took and we played for over five hours! He other casino across the river is newer and upscale but it took too much money too fast so we left and came here and we will return. Oh parking is easy (garage or valet) and they had free soda/coffee stations as well as free beer and wine later in the evening. We didn't stay in the hotel so I can't review it but I read that the tower has been remodeled. We will plan to stay over the next time. Fun, fun was had by all and the drive is an easy two hours south of Houston.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Linda R

“Love it”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

I went last year in august for my birthday .now I'm going the last week in February. I love to go there enjoy life while you can.

Tupleo
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“You Gotta Want to Play....”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful--that may be the most redeeming feature of the Isle. I went in to check out the place as a possible stay over location while traveling. I don't think so. The casino is in much need of a cash infusion (I read this has happened for the hotel--I'm only addressing the casino and food areas). If the slot payouts were high that might be a reason to play--otherwise there are better choices.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Elvis2Tupleo
San Antonio, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Decent Experience”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stopped overnight in Lake Charles and decided to visit the Isle of Capri Casino to play Texas Holdem. I visited on a Tuesday night so the traffic was minimal. The Poker Room had two live table games going, one 1-3 No Limit and one 4-8 Limit. I played the 4-8 Limit for a few hours and actually enjoyed myself. The folks at the table were primarily middle aged of all backgrounds, meaning no drama. Overall decent experience.

Visited November 2013
Silsbee, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Casino Is Not Paying Patron Friendly”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I rarely get the opportunity to visit this casino and after the last visit, we vowed to never ever visit again, but we were weak and gave in because we were excited about having some time together. On our last visit to the Isle of Capri Casino in Westlake, we found a machine that we like to play and ended up having to play next to the loudest bunch of 25 cent playing folks. The third floor of the Isle in the back where the cashman machines are is already space challenged, but to be forced to play where the isles are taken up with friends of folks playing the machines and all of them trying to sit in the same seat is ridiculous. My husband and I kept complaining and security kept walking by nonchalantly. We were very uncomfortable playing our machines and to top it off, one of the slot attendants was related to these people and instead of walking the floor and helping 'playing-paying' patrons, she stood in the isle with this family and cheered them on, going so far as to open one of the machines because the lady asked her too because it 'might reset the machine and change her luck'! Upon leaving that night, we complained to management and vowed never to visit the Isle of Capri again and that worked until last night. We decided to give it ONE MORE TRY....well, we went back to the same machines and was happy to find that no big groups were there.........YET. No only was our isle constantly blocked with people just standing and watching and almost playing our machines for us, just to our right a big group decided to play the Double Money machines and we got a show. Not only were women kissing each other, feeling on each other inappropriately in public, and OBVIOUSLY very DRUNK, the waitress KEPT SERVING THEM. In fact, they got so drunk that one "lady" decided that she would drop to floor and do push ups while the other ladies counted them off very loudly. We could not hear ourselves think. What had started off as a redeeming trip quickly turned into the 'straw that broke the camels back'. We ended up losing BIG TIME and then discovering that we had only earned $12 comps out of the thousands lost. It doesn't stop here as we ventured to Tradewinds to eat before driving home, we encountered the final blow.....literally. As we were sitting in the restaurant awaiting our food, we witnessed an EXTREMELY DRUNK (someone who obviously had been served way beyond their limit) woman slap a man she was with in the face with a hamburger, jump up from her seat and prance around the table full circle before returning to punch him in the eye as he continued to eat with mayonnaise and mustard streaking his face like a Halloween mask. Oh my God.

That eye in the sky saw everything that was going on both times we were in this casino and yet, they did NOTHING to protect us or make the people who were actually losing money comfortable while losing that money. I thought that the worst that could happen to me at a casino had happened the night the alleged off duty police officer dropped his gun and it went off at Delta Downs and then Delta Downs lying over the loud speaker saying it was a machine malfunction but oh how wrong I was. It would have been a relief to have been shot on either of these Isle of Capri trips.

Visited November 2013