“I love the Isle of Capri!”

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles
Ranked #10 of 38 things to do in Lake Charles
More attraction details
Owner description: Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles is your friendly Westlake gaming destination. We offer more than 1,000 slot machines and 40 table games including roulette, craps, blackjack, and poker. Extend your stay as a guest in our hotel. We feature two hotel towers providing upscale and comfortable accommodations. The action includes exciting promotions, delicious dining options, and headliner performances. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Went to the Isle March 2 & 3rd. Checking in was a breeze, and the room clean and comfortable. Except for the chairs! The new furniture is hard and uncomfortable, probably to keep you from hanging out in the room. Not that fond of the dark colors either, but hey, I'm only in the room to shower and sleep. Most of the staff was exceptionally nice and accommodating, except for the women at the desk where you renew your players card. They seem annoyed that they had to stop talking to each other long enough to wait on us. (Same attitude I get every time I visit.) Much less smoke in the casino than in the past, which is a good thing. And the machines were paying off! I won $1,700, lost back down to $600, but won it all back before leaving. Excellent trip! Of the three of us, I won, one friend lost all she brought, and another was only down $70 after playing blackjack all night. Almost forgot... they've changed the players club point system, and I couldn't redeem any of mine. For some unknown reason, the system said I had 12,000 points, but they weren't valid for Lake Charles, even though that's the only Isle of Capri location I visit. Waiting on the Fan Club Manager to explain that...

1  Thank PivotalForce

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We left the large casino across the lake and went to aisle of Capri after I read reviews that it was more fun. I wholeheartedly agree! The casino is a little tired (carpet), the machines are kinda close together, the floor on third level is a little weak as a soft spot behind me had my chair moving with each person walking behind me. But the casino has three levels, the street level is gaming tables and $1 slots, upstairs is all penny slots and downstairs is quarter slots, etc. I won over $140 which paid my all of my play, my niece and my daughter and bought us dinner! I came home with the same amount I took and we played for over five hours! He other casino across the river is newer and upscale but it took too much money too fast so we left and came here and we will return. Oh parking is easy (garage or valet) and they had free soda/coffee stations as well as free beer and wine later in the evening. We didn't stay in the hotel so I can't review it but I read that the tower has been remodeled. We will plan to stay over the next time. Fun, fun was had by all and the drive is an easy two hours south of Houston.

2  Thank Linda R
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

I went last year in august for my birthday .now I'm going the last week in February. I love to go there enjoy life while you can.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful--that may be the most redeeming feature of the Isle. I went in to check out the place as a possible stay over location while traveling. I don't think so. The casino is in much need of a cash infusion (I read this has happened for the hotel--I'm only addressing the casino and food areas). If the slot payouts were high that might be a reason to play--otherwise there are better choices.

1  Thank Elvis2Tupleo
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stopped overnight in Lake Charles and decided to visit the Isle of Capri Casino to play Texas Holdem. I visited on a Tuesday night so the traffic was minimal. The Poker Room had two live table games going, one 1-3 No Limit and one 4-8 Limit. I played the 4-8 Limit for a few hours and actually enjoyed myself. The folks at the table were primarily middle aged of all backgrounds, meaning no drama. Overall decent experience.