“Great value”

Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in Lake Charles
Dallas
“Great value”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Wwe have stayed here several times, most recently for my daughters graduation. This is a nice hotel and an excellent value. The staff is very friendly and it is in a great location.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Lake A, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Customer,
Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. In taking great care of our charming hotel, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property by offering you 10% off on your next stay. Please reach out to me directly at 337-477-4230. if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel! Please bring this letter upon check-in.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dayton Ohio
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I really hate to give this hotel such a low score because all of the staff were very helpful, freindly and attentive. Unfortunately it could use a good cleaning, the carpets in the rooms were so dirty they turn your socks black, the refrigerator in my room didn't work, the pool was down the first day I was there and the bathroom received a good bleach cleaning by me. The hall on the third floor really smelled of smoke, but after one of the other patrons mentioned it on her way past the front desk, it smelled a lot better when I got back. I checked for bed bugs and found none, so that was good. The pool was working the next day and that was nice to cool off in. Really with just a good detailed cleaning and a little minor maintenance this could easily be a 3 to 31/2 star hotel. the bed was very comfortable and they have some newer LCD flat screen tv's in the rooms and again the staff is very nice and helpful. if you want to save some money and don't mind doing a little cleaning yourself go ahead and give it a try. It is changing brands from MIcrotel to America's Best Inns and Suites, so maybe it will get some updating.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo

#11 of 34 in Lake Charles
Hampton Inn Lake Charles
Hampton Inn Lake Charles
#4 of 34 in Lake Charles

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Lake Charles? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Lake Charles

Property: Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Lake Charles
Address: 3231 Lake St, Lake Charles, LA 70601-8339 (Formerly Microtel Inn & Suites Lake Charles)
Region: United States > Louisiana > Lake Charles
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in Lake Charles
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Lake Charles 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Lake Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn & Suites Lake Charles Hotel Lake Charles