“overrated”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2012

i heard that is place was so great for the longest time, it is just ok, the atmosphere is great if you've never been anywhere really nice and the food is over priced but good

There are newer reviews for Mazens

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Our party of four all found Mazen's lacking. Service was slow and inept. Our waitress had tables in two rooms and rarely was where we could reach her. She actually asked how my son wanted his duck cooked! She neglected to bring the bread even after several requests.
My wife's quail were burned with little or no meat. The duck was so-so. I requested the rack of lamb, medium. The center was raw and had to be returned.
During our diner, one waiter 'played' at the piano while flirting with two other staff.
While I am not as picky as the judges on Chopped, I also believe that a dish ought to look pleasing. Each disk was a muted mono-color.
In fairness, our waitress tried to be helpful. I did not appreciate being asked if I wanted dessert right after being served our entree. Looking back, I think that she knew she wouldn't return to our table for another 20 minutes.
Oh, it took one and a half hours to get served.
We will not return.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Oh My God, The food is excellent. Must try the crab cakes.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

The restaurant used to have more consistency. However, the grape leaves, fried asparagus and souffles are still very good. Good filet, not great. The fish rose has a delicious sauce.
Bring your own wine!!!

Reviewed 11 January 2012

We eat here once a month or so and love it. A few reviewers have commented that the service is slow but that is not usually our experience. Sometimes the food is a little slow from the kitchen if they are busy, but when we get it it is fresh. We request Chris as a server if he is there and always get great service. There are lots of great sauces for the fish, the roasted red pepper is our favorite. We don't order fish if it is Spec (trout) because it is a little fishy tasting. The blue cheese sizzle filet is to die for. It is served with a great three wine reduction (not a gravy as another reviewer indicated). There filet (either plain or lump crab meat topped) is always good. The souffle is worth the wait alone!