“noisy hotel”

Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Lake Charles
houston, United States
“noisy hotel”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

While the hotel was very clean and new, I was surprised at the insulation between floors and in the hallways. You could hear every single footstep in the hallway outside and the ceiling for the floor above us. We stayed on the third floor. Thank goodness we were at the end of the hall because we would have to hear every person that walked by our room to get to the elevator. Also the doors slamming are very loud. We moved to Lauberge hotel the 3rd night we did not hear any footsteps in the hallway or slamming doors of the neighbors. My husband found a wasp in the bathroom and killed it for me. When we checked in, the customer ahead of me inquired about the snacks on the counter. The clerk was kind of snippy and told him that he could have them if he was prepared to exchange the points he would have earned. I didn't even want to ask for a water because I am sure they would have charged me. But the bed was comfortable and the room was nice and cold. Since this is a brand new hotel, the rooms were very clean and the towels were very soft.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Frances S
Quentin G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you the feedback.

We are glad you chose to try our brand new hotel. We are sorry to hear you had a few hiccups during your stay. A brand new hotel, just like a brand new machine, takes some time to get his cruising speed. We are paying very close attention to all comments to try to make the hotel run smoothly. Everything you mentioned is going to be addressed with the proper departments.

We hope you will be willing to come back.

Quentin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Covington, LA
Reviewed 7 June 2014

First, I am a Hilton Honors traveler who almost always stays at a Hilton or Hampton Hotel. Never have I been as disappointed as I was for our one-night stay at the recently opened Hampton Inn in Lake Charles, LA. I realize some items are related to the newness of the hotel, but others were just not right.

First, there is no good signage on the road accessing the hotel and virtually everyone staying at the hotel passed it up and had to turn around and come back to find it since it is not visible from the road. Also, coming to the hotel from the south there is a turn lane to turn right and a turn lane to turn left but no lane to go straight which is what you need to do. On checking in at 4:30 PM we were fifth in line because rooms were not ready at the 3:00 check in time. My room was a handicap accessible room which wasn't ready after some of the regular rooms were cleaned. I had to stand for an extremely long period of time, which is difficult for me, because of a stated manpower shortage at the hotel. When we finally exited the elevator for our room x16 we were directed to the right by a sign that showed x01 to x17. Our room was to the left as we turned around after not finding it. Noise was horrendous all night long. We at first thought it was kids but later after talking to occupants of rooms x10, x12 and x19 we all agreed the noise continued throughout the entire night and sounded like a thud similar to someone jumping off a bed onto the floor. Also around 4 AM two men talked on and on which was heard in all rooms in our area and we all wondered if it was employees. The hotel was not sound proofed to any extent, I guess for cost savings. We have never seen faucets as close to the sink bowl wall as was the case. It made it hard to wash and fill glasses.

We will continue to use Hampton Inn's but probably not in the Lake Charles location. I feel I wasted the use of 12,000 Hilton Honor's points on this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are new, thus nice. The problems we encountered were not directly related to the room cond...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank lalexius
Gaynell V, Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the frustration you indicated you experienced during your stay. We do have a beautiful hotel and our location is great. We are addressing the visibility issues and access issues and those mentioned with regard to room signage, etc and those issues also are in the process of remedy. Regarding any sound issues, our guests typically have no sound issues, and if there is a noise complaint, the hotel has a protocol for handling those complaints, when they are called in. It is of the most importance that our guests have expert service, especially in regards to any issues in the room or noise issues they might encounter. I have researched the check in issue and that has been resolved. Again, I apologize for your frustrations, appreciate your feedback and assure you that all of your feedback is being addressed. I do hope that you will give us another chance to prove our dedication to our guests. Please feel free to call me directly, if you would like to discuss this with me personally so that I can further address your complaints. Thank You.
jennings, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great Stay!!! This hotel in new and still smells fresh. Hotel staff was great and freindly. I like to stay a hamption when I am on the road because I always sleep well. Thank you for taking great care to make all of my stays great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Gaynell V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
How delightful that you took the time to share your experience at our hotel. I appreciate that your time is valuable and that you took the time to review us. I will share your review with the entire staff to let them know that their hard work is appreciated. I hope to welcome you back soon.
N/A
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This place is great. Very short distance from the casino and also very quiet, considering it's close to the interstate. Staff was exceptional. Beds were VERY comfortable and we slept like babies. Loved the spacious shower as well. I will definitely choose this place over the louder and more pricey casino hotel in the future!

• Stayed May 2014
Gaynell V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you so very much for taking time out of your busy day to give feedback on your stay with us. On behalf of our entire team, we thank you for visiting with us and appreciate your nice comments. We are dedicated to ensuring that guest satisfaction is our number one priority and I am pleased that you had that experience. We look forward to having you back with us soon. Happy Travels.
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel the first week it opened, the staff was very friendly and helpful and obviously everything was very clean and smelled fresh and...new. Only problem i had with this location was exiting the parking lot, they need a traffic light.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It is such a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your visit with us. Located in the pulse of Lake Charles, only minutes away from all things Lake Charles Louisiana, I sincerely hope that you had time to enjoy all of the wonders our area has to offer. Thank you for your feedback, as guest satisfaction is our priority. I sincerely hope that we will host you again soon.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Nice lobby, little better than average breakfast that fit the bill when traveling with teenagers! Staff very helpful, friendly. Had a little trouble finding the hotel from the GPS. Otherwise very good experience,will go back to this hotel if in Lake Charles again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank kathleenr204
How delightful to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. We are proud to office service that is family friendly and that you were able to enjoy our great customer service and fabulous product. The time taken to give this review and feedback is extremely appreciated. Thank You.