“Noisy hotel”

Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Lake Charles
Houston,tx
“Noisy hotel”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Looks like brand new hotel, rooms and everything was nice but only thing that made my stay horrible was we couldn't sleep at night because of the people walking, running In the hallway and some loud door slamming. Plus we had hard time finding the hotel since it wasn't visible from the road.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jackrosario
Quentin G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear guest,
We are extremely sorry the noise level prevented you from having a relaxing stay. We understand this might be quite inconvenient for some. We are still training our staff, and this issue will be addressed. We should walk the hallways at night to make sure guests are respectful of others.
We truly hope you will accept our apologies, and will come back to visit us in the future.
Quentin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 June 2014

New Hampton glad to see it open in the area needed a Hilton property in that location of Lake Charles. Hotel is nice, clean, fresh like you'd expect any new property to be. I stay at a lot of Hamptons and find them to be all over the place in consistency and quality. Some are good. Some not very good. This one is fine.

The location is tucked away behind some trees so it is quiet as far as the road is concerned. I did notice I can hear the person above me walking around so the sound proofing inside the hotel may be an issue if you have noisy neighbors but that is all the noise I heard during my stay so it wasn't too bad.

The room itself is nice again it is new so you'd expect it to be fresh and everything in good order which it is. Lobby and all is very nice. If you are a hhonors member be sure to ask for your goodies (water bottles or snack etc.) if earned as I didn't get them and had to ask to receive them. Usually you are offered this at check in by the staff. Not here this time for me. Upon request they were given to me.

The hotel has a small sign on the road entrance it looks to be a temporary sign easy to miss it. Careful coming in and out exiting and making a left turn is tough in traffic. Hotel just isn't visible until you are right up on it.

Tip-Not all the rooms have fridges which was very strange to me. I cannot remember the last time I stayed in a Hampton that didn't have a fridge in the room. I had a king room with a nice walk in shower and downgraded myself to a double room to get a fridge since I needed and expected that feature especially in a new property. That was disappointing. I think they really missed it on this one not sure why in the design they would have rooms without fridges. So be sure to clarify and understand exactly what room you are getting.

1 Thank Sk225
Thank you for the extensive review. I am sure it will help a lot of travelers.
As a brand new property, we are still figuring out the things that work and the ones that don't, so we appreciate any kind of feedback. We are glad you found our hotel good overall, despite the minor "bumps". Sorry you felt the sound proofing was not optimum, and we will look into that. Regarding the fridges and microwaves, I am glad to mention that we will soon have them in every room. As for the drink and snack, we are following the Hampton standards to the "T". Gold and Diamond members get to choose between a drink and snack or 250 bonus points in addition to the regular points accrued. Blue and Silver members only accrue points. We are also studying a better way to be visible from a distance.
Again, we are glad you chose us and hope you will return soon.
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I am a hhonors member and stay at a lot of Hampton hotels. We started calling for rooms north of NOLS and the first place we got a room is this hotel. I thought it was very pricey for a Hampton but at 1AM I wasn't picky. $169 was not something I would pay for this hotel, it's off the highway I was traveling and no different than any other Hamptons. It was in a pretty location in the woods, close to shopping, casinos but since I wasn't staying there for that purpose wasn't something I cared about. The king room was very spacious. Since the hotel was almost booked that night parking was VERY difficult to find a spot. Only a couple spots left when I parked.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Quentin G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for the review.
We are glad you found us during your trip. Please know that our rate is very competitive with the rest of the market. We are sorry you felt it a little high, but we feel our brand new property has a lot to offer. We are sorry parking was a challenge. This may improve in the future as a redesign of the road and entrance is under review. We would love to have you back if you travel this way.
Baton Rouge, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was opened 2 weeks ago. Great staff! Wonderful relaxing place to stay! Gave you the Louisiana feel. This hotel was close to all the swamp tours and siteseeing places in Lake Charles. Didn't take long to get to the casnio.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed a quiet stay, yet convenient to what you wanted to visit. We hope you will come back very soon.
Katy, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great staff, location is very serene,nestled in the trees, but don't expect much from the room. (Shower was the only highlight). The complimentary breakfast left a lot to be desired. close to restaurants and shoppting.

2 Thank Mike H
Thank you for taking the time to post a review online. Visibility for a new property is crucial, and you are contributing to it. I am saddened to hear the room didn't "wow" you. We find them superb! I am glad you complimented the staff, and I thank you for that. We hope you will return.
houston, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014

While the hotel was very clean and new, I was surprised at the insulation between floors and in the hallways. You could hear every single footstep in the hallway outside and the ceiling for the floor above us. We stayed on the third floor. Thank goodness we were at the end of the hall because we would have to hear every person that walked by our room to get to the elevator. Also the doors slamming are very loud. We moved to Lauberge hotel the 3rd night we did not hear any footsteps in the hallway or slamming doors of the neighbors. My husband found a wasp in the bathroom and killed it for me. When we checked in, the customer ahead of me inquired about the snacks on the counter. The clerk was kind of snippy and told him that he could have them if he was prepared to exchange the points he would have earned. I didn't even want to ask for a water because I am sure they would have charged me. But the bed was comfortable and the room was nice and cold. Since this is a brand new hotel, the rooms were very clean and the towels were very soft.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Frances S
Quentin G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you the feedback.

We are glad you chose to try our brand new hotel. We are sorry to hear you had a few hiccups during your stay. A brand new hotel, just like a brand new machine, takes some time to get his cruising speed. We are paying very close attention to all comments to try to make the hotel run smoothly. Everything you mentioned is going to be addressed with the proper departments.

We hope you will be willing to come back.

Covington, LA
Reviewed 7 June 2014

First, I am a Hilton Honors traveler who almost always stays at a Hilton or Hampton Hotel. Never have I been as disappointed as I was for our one-night stay at the recently opened Hampton Inn in Lake Charles, LA. I realize some items are related to the newness of the hotel, but others were just not right.

First, there is no good signage on the road accessing the hotel and virtually everyone staying at the hotel passed it up and had to turn around and come back to find it since it is not visible from the road. Also, coming to the hotel from the south there is a turn lane to turn right and a turn lane to turn left but no lane to go straight which is what you need to do. On checking in at 4:30 PM we were fifth in line because rooms were not ready at the 3:00 check in time. My room was a handicap accessible room which wasn't ready after some of the regular rooms were cleaned. I had to stand for an extremely long period of time, which is difficult for me, because of a stated manpower shortage at the hotel. When we finally exited the elevator for our room x16 we were directed to the right by a sign that showed x01 to x17. Our room was to the left as we turned around after not finding it. Noise was horrendous all night long. We at first thought it was kids but later after talking to occupants of rooms x10, x12 and x19 we all agreed the noise continued throughout the entire night and sounded like a thud similar to someone jumping off a bed onto the floor. Also around 4 AM two men talked on and on which was heard in all rooms in our area and we all wondered if it was employees. The hotel was not sound proofed to any extent, I guess for cost savings. We have never seen faucets as close to the sink bowl wall as was the case. It made it hard to wash and fill glasses.

We will continue to use Hampton Inn's but probably not in the Lake Charles location. I feel I wasted the use of 12,000 Hilton Honor's points on this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are new, thus nice. The problems we encountered were not directly related to the room cond...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank lalexius
Gaynell V, Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the frustration you indicated you experienced during your stay. We do have a beautiful hotel and our location is great. We are addressing the visibility issues and access issues and those mentioned with regard to room signage, etc and those issues also are in the process of remedy. Regarding any sound issues, our guests typically have no sound issues, and if there is a noise complaint, the hotel has a protocol for handling those complaints, when they are called in. It is of the most importance that our guests have expert service, especially in regards to any issues in the room or noise issues they might encounter. I have researched the check in issue and that has been resolved. Again, I apologize for your frustrations, appreciate your feedback and assure you that all of your feedback is being addressed. I do hope that you will give us another chance to prove our dedication to our guests. Please feel free to call me directly, if you would like to discuss this with me personally so that I can further address your complaints. Thank You.