“Looks Are Decieving”
Review of Sandman Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leesville
Sandman Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Leesville B&B and Inns
West Hazleton, Pennsylvania
“Looks Are Decieving”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Driven by this place plenty of times, but usually stay across the road at the Comfort Suites. Decided on here and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms seem to have been renovated within the last few years, very clean and modern. Aside from the Mosquitos which are no ones fault, it was a great stay. Very easy place to park my truck.

Great value, will say here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Couples
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I was low on cash so I stayed at the Sandman Motel. For only $38 bucks a night, I can't expect much. I should give another star because of the price, but it was nasty. The room smelled of smoke and unknown aromas (like an old musty smell). The bed was nasty (I had a blanket in the car, so I went and go it and wrapped up in it. The TV was an old clunker. It was small also. It was really old and run-down. I gave the motel another star because of the price. Stay at this motel if you are really short on cash.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Leesville hotels

Austin
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I did not expect it to be good. I read some bad reviews on Expedia but I chose this hotel because it was the cheapest in Leesville,LA. I was bracing for a bad experience but my wife and I were surprised. It's clean. The owner is nice, they have everything that you need such as a nice T.V and a microwave. I like the Music Choice channel that they have on T.V too. It's got all types of music.
I spent the last 2 months moving from one hotel to another because I just got back from deployment and this place is by far the best I have been in besides Super 8 in Austin TX.
I'm checking out tomorrow because I found my own apartment but if I ever need a place with a decent price I would come back here.
The only two takes I have on this place is that the internet is slow and they don't have a continental breakfast. I encourage the owner to improve these 2 areas.

Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank John A
oklahoma
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel because it is near ft polk. I will start with the things I didnt like about this hotel. This hotel has very few amenities, bring your own hair dryer, shampoo, cond, etc., I can do without the other stuff but I am use to having a hair dryer. The only thing they supply is a little bar of soap, sometimes an ice bucket and two cups. There are no snack machines anywhere, only one soda machine with an ice machine beside it. The room was fairly clean but the shower could use a good scrubbing. There is a little fridge and microwave in the room. The t.v. is not a flat screen but worked well. The air worked well and the beds were okay to sleep in. The maid starts cleaning early and all three mornings I was there, I was woke up by them shaking a trash bag out and the wheels of the cart moving down the side walk. The internet works pretty good, only ever now and then was I not able to connect right away. The folks at the front desk are friendly but dont go out of their way like I have had others do. The single rooms are pretty small but the two beds have a lot more room. I could have stayed at the Holiday in on post for just a little more but they were booked up. For me it would have been worth it simply because I would have felt safer since I stayed by myself with two kids and there were things within walking distance besides a bar.. I have stayed in other hotels in Leesville and it was a lot better than some of those and overall wasnt a bad experience just not a great one.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family