“Very nice for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Leesville

Comfort Suites Leesville
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Leesville
Hattiesburg, MS
“Very nice for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed for two nights with our 5-year-old daughter in January, and it was great. Our room was very nice and spacious, the hot breakfast was satisfying to everyone, and we enjoyed spending time at the indoor pool. I did not find any problems with the staff as a previous reviewer mentioned; they were very kind and accommodating. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Amelia D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Morgan City, La
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stayed there about a month ago. Nice hotel and is pretty comparable to other Comfort Suites that I've stayed in. However, what made my stay horrible was the staff that just seemed they could not get it together. From the front desk staff that seemed to be non-existent to the housekeepers who constantly complained about anything, I wondered why anyone actually bothered working here. I just thought it was completely inappropriate and it made me uncomfortable. I had to wait over 5 minutes before the front desk girl realized someone was standing in front of the counter to check in. I made enough noise that anyone could have heard me and even called out a few times. She checked me in without any personality. It was like I had to draw out all information about the hotel. She certainly didn't volunteer any information. It felt as if I was BOTHERING her or interrupting her from something else that was more important. Later that night, I called the front desk to ask about the hours for breakfast. I got another girl who didn't know what time it started. She said that she "guessed" it was 7:00. I asked her to find out for sure for me and she said that she was sure it was 7:00. I called down a second time and asked for a wake up call at 5:30AM. Well, I never received that wake up call and was an hour late waking up. I was skeptical about the breakfast information the previous front desk girl gave me so I called down to verify that breakfast was at 7:00. WRONG! It started at 6AM. At this point, I got a little frustrated and let the girl know just how aggrivated I was with the problems that I've encounted since getting there. Unfortunately, I was there for two nights so I had to continue dealing with their incompetence for at least this trip. What further frustated me was that I happened to come back to my room during the day and found the Housekeepers socializing in the hall outside my room. I could overhear them complaining about all sorts of things and it made me immediately uncomfortable. It kind of reminded me of going to Wal-Mart and having to put up with a group of cashiers gossiping about their personal life (or worse someone else's) while ringing me up. I expected a lot better service and certainly at the LEAST professional behavior from the staff at a new hotel. Someone needs to retrain ALL of the staff!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JMK_MC
Kay N, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesville, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
We do apologize that you had an unfortunate visit to our hotel.We strive for excellent customer service,we were in the process of training staff.The problems have been corrected since your visit.
And we hope you will give us the opportunity to have you has a guest again
Decatur, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

Very nice motel with large, very modern rooms. Nice comfortable pillow top mattresses. Large work desk. Wall mounted flat screen TV. Indoor pool was nice, and motel also provides a nice hot breakfast. Definitely the nicest around!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank AlabamaTraveler61
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I traveled on business to Fort Polk, LA and could not find a room because all rooms were booked. I settled for another hotel but was horrifed by the reviews. I decided to take a chance and stop at the Comfort Inn to see if they had rooms available. Well guess what?!? They not only had rooms available but were happy to honor the government rate!! The hotel manager was extremely pleasant while checking me in and allowed me to view one of the rooms before I paid. The hotel is brand spanking NEW and still has that "new" smell..lol! The hotel has a small gym, a pool and they offer a continental breakfast. The king sized bed slept like a dream. Further down the road is shopping and restaurants. This was a Godsend for me because of the quality that is available in Leesville. Oh and the base is literally minutes from the hotel!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank loveHR
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

This place is stunning; there is brand new everything from the lobby, breakfast area, rooms, and exercise facilty to the pool. Also, the rooms are simply HUGE! I couldn't believe the size of my room and the height of the ceilings. If you need to be in Leesville for anything, whether its business with Ft. Polk or visiting family, this is a great place to stay. In fact, the hotel is minutes from the entrance to Ft. Polk and closer to it than any other hotel in the area. The staff was also bright and hospitable. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business