“Nice Hotel in Leesville”

Comfort Suites Leesville
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Leesville
Atlanta
“Nice Hotel in Leesville”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I stayed in Leesville last night and I found the hotel staff friendly, the hotel was clean and the rooms were nice. The only negative I have is that it across the street from railroad tracks and the train came by a few times. Train horns don't bother me, but all of the hotels are pretty close to the train tracks.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Kay N, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesville, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Thank you for staying will us ,we welcome feed back from our guest so that we can do better in our guest services.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Louisiana
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed at this Comfort Suites for four nights while evacuating from a hurricane and it was a great place to be. The rooms are large and multiple beds are available, as well as the fold-out sofa. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially in light of our multiple phone calls and changes in our reservation. The kids especially enjoyed the indoor pool during weather that would have prevented swimming in an outdoor pool. Breakfast each morning was quite adequate, though not spectacular in taste. We were directed to several delicious restaurants in the area by various staff members. They also warned us upon checkin that cell phone service in that area of the state is questionable. We would definitely choose to stay here again if ever we are in that area.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms had better cell service. There is no beautiful view in any direction. Request a ro...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Groves, TX
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Comfort Suites is always our first choice in a hotel because of room size and the fact that we've never found one that wasn't well maintained. As a result, we've stayed in many Comfort Suite locations, and they generally have pretty much the same appearance. We were pleasantly surprised to find the Comfort Suites Leesville was everything we've come to expect plus a little more. The design and decor are just a little more modern and updated and gave our stay more of a fresh feel rather than same old same old. The staff was friendly, check in and check out were quick and without incident, and the breakfast was very good and frequently replenished. The only thing I could possibly wish had been different is the pool hours. Our kids were disappointed that they didn't get to use the pool, but with it closing at 10 pm and not opening until 10 am we just couldn't fit it into our schedule. It would be nice if these hours could be extended for summer at least.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Denison, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stay over the weekend the rooms are large and very nice,The staff from Front Desk to Housekeeping was very friendly and helpful.Breakfast was great,enjoyed the indoor pool and spa.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lola C
Hattiesburg, MS
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed for two nights with our 5-year-old daughter in January, and it was great. Our room was very nice and spacious, the hot breakfast was satisfying to everyone, and we enjoyed spending time at the indoor pool. I did not find any problems with the staff as a previous reviewer mentioned; they were very kind and accommodating. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Amelia D
Morgan City, La
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stayed there about a month ago. Nice hotel and is pretty comparable to other Comfort Suites that I've stayed in. However, what made my stay horrible was the staff that just seemed they could not get it together. From the front desk staff that seemed to be non-existent to the housekeepers who constantly complained about anything, I wondered why anyone actually bothered working here. I just thought it was completely inappropriate and it made me uncomfortable. I had to wait over 5 minutes before the front desk girl realized someone was standing in front of the counter to check in. I made enough noise that anyone could have heard me and even called out a few times. She checked me in without any personality. It was like I had to draw out all information about the hotel. She certainly didn't volunteer any information. It felt as if I was BOTHERING her or interrupting her from something else that was more important. Later that night, I called the front desk to ask about the hours for breakfast. I got another girl who didn't know what time it started. She said that she "guessed" it was 7:00. I asked her to find out for sure for me and she said that she was sure it was 7:00. I called down a second time and asked for a wake up call at 5:30AM. Well, I never received that wake up call and was an hour late waking up. I was skeptical about the breakfast information the previous front desk girl gave me so I called down to verify that breakfast was at 7:00. WRONG! It started at 6AM. At this point, I got a little frustrated and let the girl know just how aggrivated I was with the problems that I've encounted since getting there. Unfortunately, I was there for two nights so I had to continue dealing with their incompetence for at least this trip. What further frustated me was that I happened to come back to my room during the day and found the Housekeepers socializing in the hall outside my room. I could overhear them complaining about all sorts of things and it made me immediately uncomfortable. It kind of reminded me of going to Wal-Mart and having to put up with a group of cashiers gossiping about their personal life (or worse someone else's) while ringing me up. I expected a lot better service and certainly at the LEAST professional behavior from the staff at a new hotel. Someone needs to retrain ALL of the staff!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank JMK_MC
Kay N, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesville, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
We do apologize that you had an unfortunate visit to our hotel.We strive for excellent customer service,we were in the process of training staff.The problems have been corrected since your visit.
And we hope you will give us the opportunity to have you has a guest again
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Very nice motel with large, very modern rooms. Nice comfortable pillow top mattresses. Large work desk. Wall mounted flat screen TV. Indoor pool was nice, and motel also provides a nice hot breakfast. Definitely the nicest around!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business