“Solid Choice in Leesville”

Comfort Suites Leesville
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Leesville
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel while conducting business on Fort Polk. The service staff was friendly and attentive. Great deal and the beds are amazingly comfortable-some of the best sleep that I have ever gotten while on the road. Rooms are a little smallish for "suites," but quiet, clean, and modern. I especially enjoyed the USB/multiplug charging station at the desk. The only bummer was the fact that the pool and Jacuzzi were broken, but they were actively working to get it fixed. Good choice!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Cindy W, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Leesville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you so much for the great review, We are so pleased you enjoyed our beds and that you rested well while here on your stay, we are also very sorry to let you down regarding the pool and spa we have corrected these issues and we are sorry the area had to be down for maintenance while you were here. We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My wife and I booked a suite with jacussi. We got an accessible suite with no view. The window was completely covered by a decorative front wall of the hotel. For personal reasons we don't like to be remembered to facilities for handicapped people. And we wish to see from our room what weather it is. We asked for another room, but the clerk stated that all jacussi suites are accessible and that none of them has a view. If this is true, which we doubt, this should be clearly stated when making the reservation. We got the choice to accept or cancel the room. Because there were only few visible accessible provisions we accepted the room.

The hotel website refers to Leesville as a charming small town. But is is just the regular long stretched commercial area along the highway. The clerk couldn't give any information about the points of interest stated on the website or other interesting things to visit.

Apart from this, the hotel was nice. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, like the rest of the hotel. The staff was friendly, although not very helpful.

Room Tip: If you wish to see from your window if the Lousiana sun is shining after you woke up, check in adva...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kay N, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I had family come in from out of town and we booked rooms at the Comfort Suites for them. There stay was excellent. Rooms was always clean. breakfast was awesome. I would recommend this hotel for anybody..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank daniel w
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The Hotel is 2 years young and has a great look. South of town where the new hotels are located. Our king room had a separate sitting (love seat, side chair w/table and lamp) that had a small partion from the bed, so if someone wanted to stay up and read they wouldn't bother the person sleeping. Decorated with deep, rich colors - nice! VERY comfortable bed. Spacious bathroom.
We would definitely stay here again.

Nearby restaurants - 1.3 miles away is the Wagon Wheel Steakhouse which is the local's (and travelers) favorite and have peanuts to eat while you looked at the menu - try it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I've been a contractor at Fort Polk for four years and I can honestly say that I have stayed at least once in more than half of the lodging facilities in town. My stay at Comfort Suites has been the most accommodating. The rooms were clean and the staff quite amiable. Breakfast was always out early enough for us to take advantage of it, and the individuals on the front desk never hesitated to be of assistance. There was an issue with hot water one night, but we were all made aware as we came in that evening, and the matter was resolved before bedtime. Kimberly on the front desk would always greet us with a smile, and was quick to make suggestions about local dining, shopping, and even put us in touch with a reasonable and competent mechanic. The facility is conveniently located about halfway between post and town, and made it easy to get to where I needed to, despite the ongoing construction on the adjacent roadway. I would definitely look to Comfort Suites for my future lodging needs.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Kay N, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor ,we look forward to you staying with us again

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The Hotel Room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. However, I when it was time for me to check out, I had to wait over five minutes. The invisible clerk was outside smoking, and observed me the entire time waiting patiently for me to check out. At night I wanted to use the hot tub. However, I was told by the night clerk that the timer was in the closet, and she doesn't have the key to the room. Nice, so that hot tub was basically useless at night. The breakfast was terrible. The eggs were runny, and the bacon was under cooked. I would of told the clerk in the morning that, however she didn't even care to ask how my stay was. Not too mention I had to wait at the counter for my receipt. Very old school. Most hotels slide the receipt under the door. Not this one. Maybe this is the norm with this hotel chain. I normally stay at the Marriott's, however in Leesville I was forced to stay here because they don't have a Marriott Brand Hotel. I will stay at the Holiday Inn Express the next time I come to town for business.

Room Tip: Avoid a room that faces the highway. You will hear construction, and a train all night long. Not v...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feed back it was greatly appreciated we strive for excellent guest service.
We apologize for the hot tub ,due to road construction we had trash in our pump, it has been corrected. And as for front desk agent there is no smoking allowed .We hope you will give us the opportunity to show you that our customer service is very important to us.And we would love the opportunity to earn your business back. Please feel free to contact me anytime at the hotel.

Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 days while moving to the area. We had a 2 queen suite with a sofa bed for my husband, myself and our 4 small children. The hotel appeared clean and seemed empty for most of our stay. The breakfast was tasty - biscuits and gravy, grits, oatmeal, waffles, and pastries. The pool was great, and there's even a small patio for grilling. Yes, there are train tracks across the street, but we had a room pretty close to the road, and I didn't notice train noises. There was construction going on when we stayed, which made getting in and out of this place tricky. And every time I walked up to the front desk, the attendant was playing on their phone. But if I worked at a hotel in a sleepy small town, I'd probably play on my phone too.

• Stayed: June 2013
Kay N, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you for your input it helps correct any problems we may have so we can improve our guest services.