“Should have kept on going down the road to other options!”
Review of Country Inns Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leesville
Country Inns Motel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Leesville
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The room smelled like mold, the carpet was wet near the bathroom sink and it was old and stained etc.-etc. The microwave was rusty. We only remained in the room because we had unpacked everything and most of our group did not want to load up and move. Most of the rooms were in the process of being remodeled and I understand why. Their business card claims “Luxury for the Budget Minded” there was nothing about this property that was Luxurious. The only positive thing was the person who checked us in, she was very helpful. She stated that a manager would be available Monday if we wanted to voice our complaints. Just wish we would have gone a little further down the road and saw the other hotels and choices available. Lesson learned!!

Room Tip: other place to stay
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 June 2012

I have always stayed at the Country Inns when I go to Leesville for my business. It has a "at home" quality to the place. I have been going there for years and I can't believe some of these outrageous reviews I've read. The place is one of the older motels there but, I have always had a very good stay. The rooms are clean and by a great housekeeping staff. They have very spacious rooms, not the usual small boxes most places have. The clerks I've had the pleasure to encounter are all great and very helpful. All have always tried to make my stay comfortable. If I wanted to pay out the nose for a room that has a "robot" type staff and cold atmosphere I guess I would have to go to one of the other hotels there. So, I will always stay at the Country Inns in Leesville when I go there. Keep up the good work Country Inns!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Louise P
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The one good thing about this motel was that the housekeepers try to do the best they can with what they have! The room had no over powering odors and appeared to be as clean as an older motel can be.

They advertise free wireless internet; that's a joke. We were only a few rooms from the office, and could not get a connection. Upon asking the front desk if they could fix the issue, we were told quite bluntly that there was nothing could be done. This information given while the attendant was on a personal call on her cell phone.

Since my cell phone carrier would not receive signal in this area, we had given the motel number to family members so they could call the room. We might should have given them the clerk's cell number, as apparently she was too busy to answer the phone at the motel to put calls through to us. Just glad there wasn't any emergency!

The TV did not work at all; most of the receptacles were on the fritz; the sheets, while clean, were old and worn out with lots of piling that felt horrible when you ran your feet over them. The a/c was good; the bathroom was clean ( just had a lot of burn marks on the bathtub) and the beds were ok.

I am glad it was just a one night stay, otherwise, I would have been moving on down the road.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I woke up with bed bugs all over my bed. I was bitten though out the night. Blood on the sheets along with bugs crawling around. I told the front desk and her response was "We don't have bugs!" The manager was not in so they will be getting a nice phone call tomorrow! DO NOT STAY IN THIS DISGUSTING PLACE!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2011

The last time I stayed here it was ok, now the place has gone down bad. I had to change rooms 2 times due to the mold smell. The whole atmosphere of this place has change. I was greeted by a woman at the front desk eating while checking me in which was kind of rude. The grounds were not well kept at all. If things don't get better here then I might have to stay at one of the newer hotels!! What happened to this place??? It used to be well kept with a professional friendly staff....Housekeeping is the only thing I can't complain about!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2011

Where to begin? This motel is run down. The carpet is worn out, the beds feel like concrete, they have large holes in the bathroom with caulking...oh, and the police were there arresting guests! This is NOT under any stretch of the imagination a NICE hotel. The microwave and fridge in the room were circa 1978 I believe. The staff is friendly enough, but for four dollars more, you can stay down the street in a brand new motel! This motel needs some serious TLC, or a serious price adjustment!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2009

i had bed bug bites on me and fleas jumping on my legs

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business