“Good Food!”

Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 171 N - Behind the USDA Building
Description: The Booker-Lewis Restaurant features world-class fare in a charming, Old South setting. The classic breakfasts and dynamic dinners are subtle creations served in a casual upscale atmosphere. The restaurant is locally known for its exquisite cuisine, intimate ambiance and attentive service. Meals may be taken in one of three dining rooms, or on the wrap-around porch of The Booker-Lewis House. Service is also available at John Beck’s Pub located next door in the Ward House.
Clinton, Mississippi
“Good Food!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Excellent, tasty food. Great Service.
I ordered soup, pork loin and bread pudding. Everything was delicious with the exception to the bread pudding, I have had better bread pudding before.

Visited February 2014
BookerL, Owner at The Booker-Lewis Restaurant, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Deb - Thanks for being our guest and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I'm sorry we missed the mark on the bread pudding. I've met with our Chef to discuss your situation and believe we have corrected the situation.

DeRidder, Louisiana
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I used to live in the neighborhood that this hotel/restaurant was in back before this home was refurbished. It used to be a condemned building but had beautiful potential. The owner has done a wonderful job refurbishing this place. Great romantic setting in a historic home. The meal here was outstanding! On par with meals I have had in top restaurants New Orleans. I immediately wanted to go back the next day and eat here it was that good. This place is a hidden jem in the Leesville area.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank SuperDork
Dear super,

Thanks for the great review and for reminding me of how the neighborhood used to be. We've worked hard these past 10 years to turn our area around and I'm glad it shows! Hope to have you as our guest again soon.
Leesville, Louisiana
“Excellant”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We recently entertained some out of town family by visiting BL. Everyone in the group raved about the food and attention of the staff.
We are really fortunate to have such a great place in Leesville.
Every time we have been there the food has been excellent and it's really a bargain

Visited January 2014
BookerL, Owner at The Booker-Lewis Restaurant, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Steve A,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Our Staff and I really appreciate your great remarks and for being our guest. We're looking forward to your next visit.
“It's like stepping out of Leesville without ever leaving town.”
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

I went for Sunday brunch. They had a remarkable breakfast buffet with a great variety of food. It was perfect after early morning mass.
You have to get there early they fill up fast and I don't know if they do reservations for brunch or not. Mimosas and bloody Mary's are great. It's a little pricy but worth it. The atmosphere alone is worth the price.

• Visited April 2013
BookerL, Owner at The Booker-Lewis Restaurant, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Lizmoore06,

Thanks for joining us at brunch. I'm glad you did and we appreciate your feedback letting us know how we did. I always share these with our staff. They are a great bunch of folks and always look for ways to improve our service and quality. We look forward to your next visit!
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Loved the ambiance, service and the BAR!!!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Great B and B experience in a small town. Loved my jacuzzi tub and totally unexpected fine amenities!

• Visited August 2013
thanks for the great feedback Jeannette! Get better soon!